Stock List April 22nd 1982 (Middle East)

Subsection of cars originally sent out to the Middle East

Re: Stock List April 22nd 1982 (Middle East)

Postby bozzzydmc » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:33 am

Ive still no idea what 'AA' could mean....

All the same the 'Middle Eastern' part of the forum is my favourite section of the forum , thanks for the continuing updates buddy.

Mike
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Having looked at the list again, I will answer my own question. All the items on the top half of the list that have AA also have "assembly/assy" in their description, so I think it does just mean "assembly"

Though as Al pointed out, if you add up all the numbers you get 7993, and obviously there weren't 8000 cars just lying about. Although that could well be the number of cars built to date in April 82, but why they would be on a stock list, I have no idea.

Maybe Nick or Neal can tell us what a USA model is? (UnSuitable for America ?)
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby Nick Sutton » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 pm

My own records - hand written by a person that worked for me tie up with this computer generated list. Because our computer system only updated master parts lists on an infrequent basis lots of us maintained our own hand written records - bills of materials and so on.

The records I have show purchased parts only and not the main assembly levels like the ones shown on the computer list.I believe this to be one the last (if not the last) list of new parts /assemblies.Would like to know a date it was printed.

Also my nomenclature doesn't show AA. But from the description of the part associated with the description it is a complete serviceable assembly.

See that we had 50 Kuwaiti models - perhaps its the years that have faded my memory but I recall only 22 cars going to Kuwait - you may remember that I told you that they all had the same key and we had to send someone out to rectify and salvage the situation.Perhaps this is the consignment I remember and not the next delivery of what must be 28 - but I don't think so -to my knowledge only 22 cars went to Kuwait.

My last entry of parts is 113147 RR Hood carpet - but just above that is part number 113133
which is noted as either letter "D" or "C".

Also plenty of refernces to Burgundy and Blue parts earlier in the purchase parts book.
Nick Sutton
Former DMC Employee

Postby A Van » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Nick

Thanks for coming on and replying.

The Kuwaiti dealership had 25 cars according to the Englishman who was the General Manager. who still works there, but could be 22.

There is a audio recording of a telephone conversation held in 2009 which I am hoping to upload soon as well as some good info, incidentally there are still looking for any company records although its thought they were looted as well as the spare parts in the invasion of Kuwait which led to the start of the first Gulf war.

Back to the cars...

The remaining cars were split between two other locations owned by the same dealer from what I have researched so far, one in Sharjah U.A.E and one in Dubai which no longer exist.

There were two other dealers in Jeddah and Riyadh, but I am fairly sure they didnt sell any of this first batch which were sent straight from the factory, but later cars which were sent from the USA including some manual cars.

Al
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm

All the same the 'Middle Eastern' part of the forum is my favourite section of the forum , thanks for the continuing updates buddy.

Thanks Mike.
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 pm

A Van wrote:
All the same the 'Middle Eastern' part of the forum is my favourite section of the forum, thanks for the continuing updates buddy.

Thanks Mike.

Well the more you keep adding to this area of the forum the more I am amazed at the info you are turning up after all this time ... its all fasinating stuff !

Well done Al

Mike
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby DMCFOREVER » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Hello Al..

I do hope too hear that audiofile you are talking about.
My vin 11742 is from U.A.E dealership.
And i have only began too serach for info about this and the other cars thar are called ME cars.

You have done a lot of very good work Al keep it up.

Conny
DMCFOREVER

VIN #: 11742

Previous

Return to Middle Eastern Cars