Museums Deloreans

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Museums Deloreans

Postby hana 5284 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Dangermouse wrote:Al,

the list is intended to be a guide off all Deloreans that the public can go and see. I first called it Museum Deloreans, but then I realized that Universal Studios is hardly a museum :D

So if you have any more info on the SA one, I'll add it in (just in case anyone is passing ;) )

Peter,
mine is 2743 (Aug81) and it's a g/f car. Perhaps their original hood on 2873 got damaged and they swapped out yours and bought a second hand flat one ???

if you are talking about the south australia one my brother lives in adelaide and i told him to go and have a look at it if you need any info on it just let me know .he said he was going upto birdwood in 3 or 4 weeks time.
cheers tyson
EuroTec Head of Transportation / Official Crane Operator
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club

hana 5284

VIN #: Vin 6367
Spaxed

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 pm

hana 5284 wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:Al,

the list is intended to be a guide off all Deloreans that the public can go and see. I first called it Museum Deloreans, but then I realized that Universal Studios is hardly a museum :D

So if you have any more info on the SA one, I'll add it in (just in case anyone is passing ;) )

Peter,
mine is 2743 (Aug81) and it's a g/f car. Perhaps their original hood on 2873 got damaged and they swapped out yours and bought a second hand flat one ???

if you are talking about the south australia one my brother lives in adelaide and i told him to go and have a look at it if you need any info on it just let me know .he said he was going upto birdwood in 3 or 4 weeks time.
cheers tyson

sorry, I am a lazy typer. I was talking about the one in South Africa that Al mentioned.

I actually got some good info from the curator of the National Museum/Birdwood in Adelaide on the car there, it looks like a great car (only 839 miles on it supposedly - he should go see it) but send your brother the pdf and if he happens to be in Sydney, I need info on the Harris Street one. It's such a small country, I'm sure he can just pop up the road :D
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby hana 5284 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am

EuroTec Head of Transportation / Official Crane Operator
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club

hana 5284

VIN #: Vin 6367
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Is it me or is that one in Australia riding higher than any other D I've seen? Even at the back there's about 6 inches between the tyre and the wheel arch!
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm

jerzybondov wrote:Is it me or is that one in Australia riding higher than any other D I've seen? Even at the back there's about 6 inches between the tyre and the wheel arch!

the curator told me that the owner required the car to be raised on stands, I guess to prevent flat spots. You can clearly see them in the video -they're bright blue :D
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby jerzybondov » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Dangermouse wrote:
jerzybondov wrote:Is it me or is that one in Australia riding higher than any other D I've seen? Even at the back there's about 6 inches between the tyre and the wheel arch!

the curator told me that the owner required the car to be raised on stands, I guess to prevent flat spots. You can clearly see them in the video -they're bright blue :D

Doh :D

Just watched it again. They're really rather obvious aren't they?!
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby samisnake » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am

went to the london motor museum recently as i heard there was a delorean there. haven't seen any pics of it in this thread, so ill post some i took.
the car had a red custom interior, it looked alot better than the pics make out, but oem is better imo.

got a photo of the vin plate, but the flash kind of washed it out. can make out some letters, maybe all if the brightness etc was messed about with. im not that good with that sortve thing though

edit- sorry bout the mahoosive pics.
samisnake

Postby bandit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:43 pm

How vile does that look!! That's just wrong
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:19 pm

I like the headliners finishing with the rest of it, but red looks awful. Would be a lot better in black :)
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Sam(?) I've made your pics clickable, so they can be seen in their full glory by clicking on them.

And it's VIN#1990: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=311

I love the tailpipes! :sick:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat