Trapped in car

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Trapped in car

Postby bozzzydmc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:40 am

I agree John, plus the windscreen surrounds will prob get damaged kicking this out and they are not cheap to replace.
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby arranj » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 pm

dmcjohn wrote:Having helped cut a DMC windshield out of a car with wire, I really doubt it could be pushed out with your feet - the adhesive is really strong. Even if you do heavy lifts on the leg press in the gym, I doubt you could push it out - you wouldn't be able to get a good angle with your feet on the windshield to put some power into the push, and whatever you are bracing yourself against while pushing (i.e. back of seat) would probably give way before the windshield would!

I've been trapped also before - I find that pressing down really hard on the arm rest, then locking and unlocking the mechanism followed by trying to open the door does the trick.

John

OK - but if I'm stupid, and/or smoke is coming out of my armrest, and/or I'm driving my pregnant wife to hospital - will a couple of taps on my windscreen do the trick? :D - I have a nice heavy fire extinguisher that doubles as a hammer, should that be neccesary. ;)
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:29 pm

I've experienced a similar lockin a couple of years ago. Since then I disconnected the central locking system. But: I managed to come up with a couple of solutions to get out:

1) Remove the upper trim and jiggle with the latch bars until it opens
2) Remove the correct fuse to unpower the solenoids (when in doubt: remove them all)
3) Go through the other door (duh)
4) With me, the central locking was not the problem, but I had a bent latch bar so I was unable to unlock the door manually from the inside. Fortunately the window was wide open so I used my flexibility to unlock the car with the key through the window (that is not a moment to drop your keys by the way)
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby KMC-DMC » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks for the tips Rob.
Kevin
KMC-DMC
Ex owner of VIN 2969
London
KMC-DMC