why is my Delorean so s**t and reliable as a chocolat teapot

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: why is my Delorean so shit and reliable as a chocolat teapot

Postby arranj » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:48 pm

Right Carl - that's it. THIS IS WAR! :mrgreen:

My car was just going for a re-brush, and I was too scared to drive it through Essex, so I "posted it" instead.
As for Carl however, this was his only chance to experience what it was like to be in his DeLorean actually in motion, so as the transporter guy was driving past Carl's place he took pity on him, loaded up his car, and let him sit in it revving the engine while he drove round the block. 8-)

Funnily enough though, this incident was witnessed by some nerd who sits on forums all day :shock: - and it showed up on some website with some derogatory remarks about where Carl lives. :?
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby mnickels » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Keith and Brians cars from Eurotec 2008

Previous restoration progress on http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=1069

Ireland Rep
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
mnickels

VIN #: 2456
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:38 am

Has anybody got a decent wiring diagram copy??? Last thursday, when my daughter Emily went back to school, I decided to have a look at C@#t car to find out why it broke down on me. I completely checked the ignition system and found nothing really, I did suspect the RPM relay, so i swapped it from the one on my other car, which sadly has been cannibalised slowly to keep C@#t car's everlasting thirst for replacement parts going. But like I said previously, I haven't really found anything wrong for the car to do what it did...........until I went out yesterday afternoon. I was outside Essex Ford, that big ripp off dealership at Rayleigh Weir, as I parked up I locked the passenger door and the engine shut off, as soon as I unlocked the door I could start the engine again, this was also the same for the drivers door. So last week I must have nudged the door lock with my elbow or something for the engine to stop. My copy of the delorean wiring diagram is a photocopy, and gets very vague and faint by the door circuits, so thats why i need a decent copy. I know the car at one point had an alarm system on it, whether their is a module somewhere, I will have to investigate. but maybe this problem has nothing to do with the RPM relay after all.
But on the subject of RPM relays, can anybody clarify this............ One of the RPM relays I have, you can hear the fuel pump cut in for a second or so when the ignition is turned on, I assume this is to back the pressure up before the engine starts, but the second RPM relay does not do this?????? does anyone know which is correct???
It's ashame really, because although c@#t car, which it is now affectionately what it is known as, apart from crying out for a brush job, it is quite a tidy and clean car. It's just likes to break down weekly and I really really hate it. No seriously, I like to think I have a bond or rapport with all my cars, and I truly dislike it, and I think C@#t car knows it as well. But it won't beat me, because if it thinks it will I will just set fire to it and have the last laugh, but I will try and endeavour to try and brush the body over the winter months provided nothing else fails on it and I have to take it apart instead!!! Who's going to Vegas???? I'm going with Chris, and we're meeting the lovely Suzzy in LA, i've got to sort out a hire car yet!!! Oop's
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby RobvdVeer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am

This was taken last november when I moved my D from storage to my garage for continued storage.. It was several months before I started working on it again.

I am still looking for the other flatbed issues. I have pictures lying around here somewhere

Also notice the detail, that the D barely fitted on the trailer..

IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg (183.97 KiB) Viewed 3596 times

IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg (122.69 KiB) Viewed 3596 times
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby DeLorean Cars » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:08 am

Can I just say that s someone who has towed DeLoreans (and other cars) on a flatbed with my Xantia for thousands of miles, you MUST load the car with the engine ahead of the trailer's balance point - in other words, arse first. With DeLoreans, you must also strap the louvers down.
DeLorean Cars

VIN #: 4772, 3352

Postby delorean12uk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:44 am

DeLorean Cars wrote:Can I just say that s someone who has towed DeLoreans (and other cars) on a flatbed with my Xantia for thousands of miles, you MUST load the car with the engine ahead of the trailer's balance point - in other words, arse first. With DeLoreans, you must also strap the louvers down.

Martin, why would you want to tow a delorean with your car for thousands of miles??? where did you break down, Alaska???
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby RobvdVeer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 am

DeLorean Cars wrote:Can I just say that s someone who has towed DeLoreans (and other cars) on a flatbed with my Xantia for thousands of miles, you MUST load the car with the engine ahead of the trailer's balance point - in other words, arse first. With DeLoreans, you must also strap the louvers down.

Right you are, but this was only a 2Km drive, no highways. Arse first was not an option because at the loading point there was no way to turn the car. Also, the Volvo was weighed down for compensation (in other words: Dad did not clear out the standard junk in the trunk). ;-)
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 pm

There have been "discussions" about which RPM relay is correct.
I and others have an RPM Relay that runs the fuel pump for a second or two when the ignition is turned on.
We have no problem with the engine starting, so I would use that one.

With the car, sounds like it needs an electrical check over and overhaul !!!!

delorean12uk wrote:Has anybody got a decent wiring diagram copy??? Last thursday, when my daughter Emily went back to school, I decided to have a look at C@#t car to find out why it broke down on me. I completely checked the ignition system and found nothing really, I did suspect the RPM relay, so i swapped it from the one on my other car, which sadly has been cannibalised slowly to keep C@#t car's everlasting thirst for replacement parts going. But like I said previously, I haven't really found anything wrong for the car to do what it did...........until I went out yesterday afternoon. I was outside Essex Ford, that big ripp off dealership at Rayleigh Weir, as I parked up I locked the passenger door and the engine shut off, as soon as I unlocked the door I could start the engine again, this was also the same for the drivers door. So last week I must have nudged the door lock with my elbow or something for the engine to stop. My copy of the delorean wiring diagram is a photocopy, and gets very vague and faint by the door circuits, so thats why i need a decent copy. I know the car at one point had an alarm system on it, whether their is a module somewhere, I will have to investigate. but maybe this problem has nothing to do with the RPM relay after all.
But on the subject of RPM relays, can anybody clarify this............ One of the RPM relays I have, you can hear the fuel pump cut in for a second or so when the ignition is turned on, I assume this is to back the pressure up before the engine starts, but the second RPM relay does not do this?????? does anyone know which is correct???
It's ashame really, because although c@#t car, which it is now affectionately what it is known as, apart from crying out for a brush job, it is quite a tidy and clean car. It's just likes to break down weekly and I really really hate it. No seriously, I like to think I have a bond or rapport with all my cars, and I truly dislike it, and I think C@#t car knows it as well. But it won't beat me, because if it thinks it will I will just set fire to it and have the last laugh, but I will try and endeavour to try and brush the body over the winter months provided nothing else fails on it and I have to take it apart instead!!! Who's going to Vegas???? I'm going with Chris, and we're meeting the lovely Suzzy in LA, i've got to sort out a hire car yet!!! Oop's
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:18 pm

RPM Relay: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=286

Have you got a wiring diagram Admin-bloke?
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:17 pm

I have a wiring diagram I can get down to you Jay if you still need to borrow one.
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753