As one who recently "bit the bullet" and bought a Delorean over here - this was the reality of "my" situation.
1) To wait another 18 months (that was my plan - to coincide with my retirement with a total budget of £21- £22) , realizing that the dollar to pound exchange rate is poo!
2) factoring in the shipping costs on top of the purchase price and the cost of my trip to the USA, + the purchase price of the car in the USA, "my dream" was turning into a nightmare.
3) There were only 4 D's available in the UK at the time I bit the bullet - I just missed a basket case for £8k (so I was led to believe) and the one I got for £15 needs work and is not 100% complete - as you guys know, those little bits n pieces soon add up! The otheres available were between 28 - 32 k.
4) My decision to get my D was based on a frame in excellent condition along with the roof box ... and to corksniffers, one of some historical context
Now if you remember your high school economics the laws of supply and demand kick in - if there are fewer D's available (because it's now more expensive to bring them in) and there is a buying market out there - the prices will not fall - infact I bleeb that they will continue to rise?
Vin 11789 the last of the Middle Eastern Cars (UAE 50)
- too many guitars and amps than I need!
- a lot of things! but for now I'd like to buy :-
- 1 original auto stick emblem
- a spare wheel