onwards and upwards in the Spud school of SS fabrication!

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

onwards and upwards in the Spud school of SS fabrication!

Postby Spudmurphy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:58 pm

I really have to post pics showing the steps taken so far in my refurb! (slaps wrist).

The bonnet is basically "shagged" it's X'd, also has front crease , the brace is loose, broken in places to such an extent that I had to come up with a solution to at least stabilise it. So, I've almost finished the fabrication of a ss X brace that will fit in the centre of the shagged X brace - hole cut out for the light too.

I have thought about how to attachmy brace and think I have come up with a solution that will not involve bonding captive nuts - I have to trial this first before I go shouting from the rooftops that it works!!

Anyways onwards and upwards?- well the u shaped metal brackety thing on the top of the rear bumber, the brackety thing that engages or is about to, engage with my new thingamajig I bought from Ed's in Hem.Basically the nuts sheared on my "striker bar ". Ed sells them for 9 euros but I wanted to fabricate one myself - a longer one (reasons will be told on my refurb thread). So got a length of 5mm ss rod and will thread it appropriately. Also will make a s steel plate that the striker bar sits on - surprised to find that the original is a leathery thing.
My Dad was a jig n tool maker but no metric dies are in the box I inherited from him - damn you Delorean why didn't you use British Standard Pipe or BA or Whitworth lol
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat