Delorean Chronology List

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Delorean Chronology List

Postby Daniel Shane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:45 pm

4754 is not in ulcombe anymore. I sold it to Ed afew years ago and it went to someone in the south of france. I also converted to a Black interior.
Dan Shane
DCUK 008
Ex VIN 4754

The Black Stig
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Daniel Shane

VIN #: Ex 4754

Postby lazabby » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

I was notified of the discussion of the Delorean VIN list and the location of the cars. You can see the current VIN list : http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=14203. My goal is to update this monthly around the 1st of the month. The current pdf file doesn't have a date but the next one should have a date so you can see the age of the report. You can send me a notice for any updates and changes.

What's on the list is the VIN number, engine number, frame number, model year, transmission type, interior color, manufacture date and location. What I collect is the original configuration of the car as it came from the factory. Some cars have since been changed in terms of interior color and transmission type. Of course location changes when the car is sold. The VIN numbers in bold indicates that there is missing information.

We now have over 8500 VINs. As best as can be calculated there were just under 9,000 cars made (see the article write up at http://www.txdmc.org under the "VIN Registry" tab). So we're close to logging all the cars. I could simply fill in the missing VINs in the '81 range assuming they went from VIN 500-7199 but it would be nice to have the documentation that a particular VIN was actually made, although it is safe to assume that one was made in that range. The '82s and '83s are a little more difficult to determine, for reasons that are discussed in the above mentioned article.

Please send me any updates to the list. I see in the discussion that a few have post VINs and locations. I don't have the time now to check the submissions with my list so if anyone has the time to do and submit the changes, it would help immensly. Thanks.

Shannon
lazabby

VIN #: 16113

Postby dmcdec » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi,
Just to reply to Rob , when I bought my car of Ed in Holland he told me there were approx 250 cars in Holland, maybe he was including Germany, Luxembourg , Belgium?? Because I was always under the impression Holland had the most cars in Europe, even more than the UK. I suppose Ed could say for sure.
I have an excel list of Ireland (North and South) so far I have 101 cars! and there could be more.
Declan
dmcdec

VIN #: 2908
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:12 pm

I hardly believe the VIN list is off by 150% (250 instead of the 90 i counted), but maybe the dutch are not that anxious to update the vin list. Also, Ed has a slight tendency to exaggerate numbers (not prices!)

Indeed 250 for Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany sounds about right if I count the numbers.. We'll probably never know for sure.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Good going Declan, how many in North/South separately?

Al
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van