Sandra Supecar Supermodel

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Sandra Supecar Supermodel

Postby Dave T » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:05 pm

So your asked to provide a car for a local fun night charity event and upon collection noticed your car damaged , scratched windscreen surround , bent wiper arm and scratched bonnet. 2 weeks pass by and then you see this on the photographers social media site. The woman in question has been contacted via social media (its the only contact I have) and my telephone number provided requesting she contacts me.... still waiting her call. :roll:
Ive resided to the fact that she will never call. Its not about money its ALL about the principal.
We all accept that people take certain liberties at times with our cars ...but this gal purely takes the cake. I consider myself to be a fair & patient guy but have to say guys I am sick to the teeth of this kind person who doesnt give a damn about anyone elses property. If the door or T panel had been severely damaged a legal battle case would no doubt be pending.

Im sure many of you have experienced same at some point... just so happens this gal got caught on camera and made worse by the photographer allowing it to happen.

Have to admit a very different approach in future with the car :naughty:
Attachments
supermodel.jpg
Sandra Supercar Supermodel
supermodel.jpg (158.17 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
Dave T

VIN #: 2030

Re: Sandra Supecar Supermodel

Postby Dave T » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Admin ...I have obscured & kept the identities of the persons from the post..if for whatever reason you feel the photo is not required or indeed inappropriate by all means remove it... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave
Dave T

Postby arranj » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:18 pm

I say name and shame! ;) That's pretty poor behaviour for a grown woman.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Try the search engine "Ask Arran", it's quicker and more detailed than Google ;)
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:19 pm

I admire you calm-fullness through all this, if she never asked permission I would be fuming!!!! I would do you best to find her, confront her and threaten her with the small claims court!!!!
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby A Van » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Pretty much speechless Dave. Completely out of order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Dave T » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Its a lesson learned that will cost a small amount of money... over the years Ive had some special cars the Delorean draws so much more attention than any other car Ive owned.
Last year for example.. was our 5th year with the car on the Irish Cannonball , we pulled in for fuel just outside Galway , also fueling up was a Lambo Gallardo, Mc Claren , Corvette & Mustang GT, a crowd of easily 10-15 gathered around our car the other very expensive cars not getting a look in.

Its come to a point now where Im contemplating not doing shows or events at all .. Its either you be an absolute pr**k and say no you cant sit in the car or you allow one and then it becomes a free for all that gets out of hand. Ive had kids jump on the newly leathered seats then over the center console onto the passenger seat and out the other door whilst the parents look on...3 years ago at a show a 7 years old kid jump into the car whilst I was speaking to a mate only to floor the accelerator pedal, stupid me I had the car running and back turned to the car only a few feet away . 2 year ago kid jumped in with his dad and broke clean off the indicator stalk....get the violins out :D :violin: :violin: :violin: ... No doubt our memebrs have some shocking stories too but its certainly seems to be the norm for me with the car.

The post above may seem a bit untasteful to some but I felt I had to post it up as no one would believe what goes on and the disrespect shown by people towards our cars. Yes Im the calm type but from now on thats changed ...its not about money as Ive said its totally the principal and an effort to raise awarness. So non Delorean owners Please take note....

Ok Rant over. :D :D ...... Yes Lesson learned
Dave T

Postby MikeWard » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope the offender does the right thing and makes contact with you.

This kind of thing is why I don't hire out my car, I also no longer do any car shows which joe public turn up to, as they literally have zero respect for other peoples property, and see an open door as an invitation to jump in uninvited and start playing with switches and riving on indicator/wiper stalks. These days I stick to taking the car to classic car mornings which are run specifically for classic car owners and not the general public.
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:16 pm

I saw Dave's posting over on Talk, and I thought that pebble dashing looked very irish :)

I'm with Aaran - name and shame!! Well, perhaps just the heifer on the roof.
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby Dave T » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes Mike , your philosphy will be the way to go. :thumbsup:
Dave T

Next

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat