Yippee - finally got my hands on a DeLorean !!!!

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Yippee - finally got my hands on a DeLorean !!!!

Postby MikeWard » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 am

Dave M wrote:The car was up on done deal for €30000 and he had told my mate that went to look at it first that a guy that already had a D and wanted another - he said he had an offer of 24500 - when I called him on the phone the day before I went to view it - I explained that it would take 2 weeks to raise the money - he said if that was the case the lowest he would accept would be 27000 euro - so I said I would view it anyway - once we met and I seen the car he seemed keen to sell and said 25500 would seal the deal - I said I would match the 24500 - he agreed - I think with bank transfer fees and current exchange rate it works out at 22350 ! - looks like a bit of cosmetic work and a good look at chassis and it's sorted - hopefully I've made the right choice - probably cheapest around recently

Good for you Dave, that's a great deal there even if it does need a little work. Serves the seller right for using library pictures rather than pictures of the actual car. :thumbsup:
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby Max » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 am

Wow that's an awesome deal. Nice one!
Max

VIN #: 5983

Postby Dave M » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Just a quick question - I'm picking up the car in 2 weeks and the seller is throwing in the BTTF kit that fixes to the car - I have only seen it in their promotional video but he say he has it in his house and cost him over £400 - is this some sort of kit that was being sold or just wondering if he means the parts cost the £400 - was there someone that put these kits together and sold them on eBay etc - suppose come in handy if I hired it out !!!
Dave M

VIN #: 5345

Postby arranj » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Various sellers sell bits and bobs but there isn't really a "kit" as such, other than the professional time machine people in the USA that buy and then sell converted cars - e.g. VideoBob. With all the interior electronics and the various items on the back it runs into several tens of thousands done right - i.e. see the car currently on Ebay....
He is probably talking about a metal mock up of the 2 "vents" that probably sits on the engine bay (remove the louvres) - maybe. Run some fairy lights around the car and job done ;)

Here is my car in a former life. Not exactly screen accurate ;)

Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Spudmurphy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 am

I'd love a Mr Fusion !!!!
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Dave M wrote:Just a quick question - I'm picking up the car in 2 weeks and the seller is throwing in the BTTF kit that fixes to the car - I have only seen it in their promotional video

is this the guy that runs the PC repair business?
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby Dave M » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am

Yes - runs a business in Dublin - moving premises so selling car
Dave M

VIN #: 5345

Postby Chuffingheck » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am

Great car. Very nice price too. The video on their website is quite cool. With regard to the bttf modifications available from the seller, it's a personal choice as to whether you like the car original or fancy acting up as bttf. Personally the kit looks very simple to remove so I would see if you could knock him down a bit on price because once the car is gone, what is he going to do with it?
:thumbsup: :D

I should read more carefully. If he's chucking it in, take it. If you don't like, there may be a few of us who might like it.
Chassis 5127 (new owner of)

Grey interior, Grooved hood, manual box - Just like the one in BTTF.

Steve.

'If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger hammer'
Chuffingheck

VIN #: 5127

Postby Dave T » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

superb buy well done! :thumbsup: ...alot of people asked me did I know this car .....to be honest all the Irish guys including me thought it was a hoax advert. you did well .. now watch the global prices jump when Spielberg launches ready Player One next year.. 8-) .
Dave T

VIN #: 2030

Postby Bricey21 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Haha, all you non believers when i posted the link, I would have been away to see it if I hadn't already bought mine. Great buy Dave and great price
Bricey21

Previous

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat