Hello and welcome to the DeLorean EuroTec Forum -Say Hi here

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Hello and welcome to the DeLorean EuroTec Forum -Say Hi

Postby drdelorean » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Thank you Dangermouse.

I was told my car had been large stored for years (and it showed) The car was in pretty good condition. It only had 2500 miles on it when I bought it. After I bought it I brought it down to Danny at DMCCA and he said I had a very nice Delores and that the milage seemed to be correct as there was very little wear and tear. It also had the original tires on that looked almost new.
I had to do some things to it though, for bein such a low milage car, but nothing out of the ordinary. I also had my car upgraded to a stage 2 and eibach suspension while I had it there. Only thing is, the car had a little dent on top of the door, looked as if something fell down on it (maybe while in storage) and the headliners were coming apart ( they did not mention any of that before I bought the car) Other than that, I had a pretty good experience buying a car from them, and had good help at DMCCA. All in all pretty happy with the car I own now, its everything I wanted in a Delorean.
Proud owner of VIN 10625 Grey 1982, Stage 2 upgrade, eibach suspension, 3200 miles
drdelorean

VIN #: 10625

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Did you buy it directly from BHCC? I have wondered about their ads as the never comment on whether the car runs or not, just that it is "mechanically complete" which I always take to mean "does not run"

It is just that the BHCC listing said the mileage was 1886, so I wondered if you bought it from someone, who bought it from BHCC.

Is the car in Norway now?
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby drdelorean » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Yeah I bought it directly from BHCC. Like you said the ad did not mention much, so I was emailing back and forth for weeks and speaking to them on the phone sp they "walked" me through the car. When I got there the milage on the car was right around 2000, I dont remember specifically. I dod run and I just is as my "vacation" car (instead of renting) for my two weeks long vacation in LA. Then I brought it down to DMCCA, and came back 6 months later for another vacation and ended up putting around 2500 miles on her, before shipping the car to Norway. Yes the car is safely tucked away fro winter sleep here in my garage now. I agree I wish BHCC would put more details in their ads and also be more knowledgable about Delores seeing as they have sold a fair amount of them. But all in all I had a good experience, and DMCCA really helped me get the car to the standard it is today.
Proud owner of VIN 10625 Grey 1982, Stage 2 upgrade, eibach suspension, 3200 miles
drdelorean

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:46 pm

That's good to know. I had always assumed their cars were all non-runners. Thanks for the feedback.
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

Postby drdelorean » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:11 pm

I don't blame you, I was under the impression my car was a non-runner the first time I looked at the ad, but like I said, they gave me a lot of info as soon as I contacted them ;)
drdelorean

Postby Westy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Hello everyone! :text-imnewhere:

Tom here and I'm very happy to say that I now own my dream car, the car I've wanted since I was little, a DeLorean of course!
Mine specifically is a 1981, Manual with black interior- VIN 2373 with the gas flap :D
I actually went and fetched it on the 21st Dec. last week along side my older brother who also has a DeLorean himself, which he's been restoring for over a year now. He gave me a big hand in getting it here, arranging shipping etc. as it was in Florida, CA :thumbsup: so thanking him for that!

But anyway the guy who I bought it off, which I'm in frequent contact with, had it in storage for 7 years after the poor girl had overheated! And at the time he was getting stupid quotes to get the heads rebuilt so in the end he just bought another one haha! So with that said I'm now left with the job of doing that, among many many other little faults :dance: And as of recently I've found out that the engine is seized! Or so it seems, considering I can't manually turn the engine. But hey, nobody said it would be easy :D but it's a total labour of love!

So here I am and hoping to stay! Put the kettle on? :dmcdoors:
Attachments
WP_20151221_032.jpg
A must do! I was locked out of the car at the time! I'll get to that.
WP_20151221_032.jpg (436.93 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
WP_20151221_044.jpg
Best garage ever!
WP_20151221_044.jpg (454.81 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
WP_20151221_046.jpg
Her new home!
WP_20151221_046.jpg (432.84 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
Westy

VIN #: 2373

Postby Admin-bloke » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Congratulations! Let the project begin :D
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:28 am

Hi Tom, nice to meet you ,
Look forward to seeing your progress!
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Well done, and good luck.

Am I the only one curious about who your brother is and which car is his? Or are you another Knowlton?
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Dangermouse

Postby Westy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Thanks for the kind words gang! It's gonna be....fun haha :D
Hi Dangermouse, my brother is Alex, on here I think he's clocktown64 or something, the one who's had to fabricate and weld on a new front end of his chassis. If that actually means anything to you I don't know haha. But he and I have also attended a few meet ups, the ones in the VW Golf haha. I may have met a few of you already but on here I don't really know
Westy

VIN #: 2373

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat