Other cars with inferiority complex? Lol

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Other cars with inferiority complex? Lol

Postby TristanC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 am

Just a fun thread for your thoughts.

I’m basing this of my first commute and school run in the DeLorean.

So, I’m driving to pick my daughter up from school and I’m just cruising on the dual carriageway. I spot a red Ferrari f430 coming down the outside....
Now as he comes near me and spots the DeLorean........ he drops a cog and *BAAARRP* *BAAAAAAARP* - off he flys....... should I have been impressed?? Well I laughed....
Besides, just down from there we hit traffic lights and passed him slow on the inside as they turned green..... :D

And then after school pick up I’m heading home.
All of a sudden there’s a powder blue Focus RS right up my backside....... the only time I get distance between us is when I could get through gaps that he couldn’t....... and then boom, he’s sped right up on my tail again.....

Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t bother me, I was just carrying on enjoying my drive with my daughter..... but clearly owning the DeLorean seems to deflate the egos of some people believing they are driving the superior car......

And that commute/school run was super hot!! 30 odd degrees in stop start traffic, the engine cooling was spot on too!!! Very impressed.

Anyway, what are your thoughts/experiences on other “Supercar” drivers attitudes?
Tristan J Carroll
#11477 Jan '82 Grey Manual
Member No.: 187
TristanC

VIN #: 11477

Re: Other cars with inferiority complex? Lol

Postby bandit » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Not quite the same thing, but what you will find is, on dual carriageways/motorways, people ogling/photographing your car. Problem is, what they do is sit right in your blind spot, just off your offside rear quarter, for long periods of time. You then think, they must have gone past, go to pull out to overtake whatever is going slower than you in your lane, only to find the same twat hanging out his car window with his phone & nearly take him out.
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Definitely had all the blind spot action that Julian mentions, but not had too much issue with supercar drivers - generally they're super happy to see it and will wave or give you the thumbs up. Only maybe once in 10 years have I had some traffic light racers revving it up next to me wanting a race in their clapped out mk2 Golf. (I declined)
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:55 pm

jerzybondov wrote: I had some traffic light racers revving it up next to me wanting a race in their clapped out mk2 Golf. (I declined)

Very sensible, that would have been a very embarrassing loss :lol: :lol:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:43 pm

I think Dan K would give a MK2 a run for its money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Spudmurphy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 am

Coming home with Miles from the recent tech day in Norfolk, we encountered a great mix of people - a lot of classic cars too that were travelling home from a show.

Only one unsavoury incident when some pr!ck blapped passed us on the inside lane !!!
Vin 11789 one of the 50 Middle Eastern Cars
Spudmurphy

VIN #: 11789

Postby jerzybondov » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:17 pm

A Van wrote:I think Dan K would give a MK2 a run for its money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair I might have had the legs on the mk2 as well if I'd actually gone for it...

http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=206

Golf GTI 16V mk2
1/4 mile: 16.76 @83mph

DeLorean w/ Volvo power
1/4 mile: 16.19 @85mph
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby Nick H » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Got to love the underdog. That f430 driver is just getting payback for the 348 a couple of us “burnt off” on the way down to Le Mans in 2005 :twisted: He was right hand drive and couldn’t see to overtake! :D . A fully juvenile moment but very satisfying. I bet he doesn’t believe DeLorean’s are slow anymore :mrgreen:

Nick H
Last edited by Nick H on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick H

VIN #: 2862
Spaxed

Postby TristanC » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Nick H wrote:Got to love the underdog. That f430 driver is just getting payback for the 348 a couple off us “burnt off” on the way down to Le Mans in 2005 :twisted: He was right hand drive and couldn’t see to overtake! :D . A fully juvenile moment but very satisfying. I bet he doesn’t believe DeLorean’s are slow anymore :mrgreen:

Nick H

Love it :D

99.9% has been great with other drivers.... even these two didn’t really bother me. I just got on with my drive.
The RS driver was an arse for driving so close though. I hate that.
Tristan J Carroll
#11477 Jan '82 Grey Manual
Member No.: 187
TristanC

VIN #: 11477

Postby Rissy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 am

I once upset an Audi R8 owner when i pulled up beside him on his right (to turn right, even though i wanted to go straight on - i couldn't resist the opportunity to pull up next to the bloke instead of behind him). It was a pleasing moment to draw to a halt and have to look UP at him. The look in my face obviously upset him because as soon as his light turned green, you couldn't see him for the dust.

On another occasion, less pleasing, I had a couple of yobs in a shopping trolley hot hatch thing try to egg me on into booting it when they repeatedly revved their engine and jerked up to my rear end closer and closer. (Ooo-er missus) I obviously upset them when i didn't bite, and eventually they made a crazy manoeuvre to overtake me. They were that determined to not be shown up by being stuck in front of me after overtaking me that they ran a red light straight across busy cross roads and were flashed for their efforts.

I was once travelling down the M6 in the left hand side inside lane and was being very very slowly overtaken by a white van. When i say slowly, i mean, excruciatingly slowly. They were beside me for so long that i finally decided to lean forward to look up at the cab of the van to see what the deal was. When i did, i realised the passenger of the white van was constantly looking down directly at me, holding his middle finger up at me.
Me looking up at him didn't deter him from holding that pose as his driver continued to drive at the continued slow pace for literally minutes so that his passenger could continue to hold his middle finger up at me the whole time. I was literally being flipped "the bird" by that guy for about 10 mins. He must have been so bored is all i can say. I hope he didn't strain his finger too much.
Rissy
Chris M. Morionem qui loquitur multus sine cogitatione.

May 1981 vin#1458
"LEX" - Officially used in Britain's Greatest Machines (80's episode) with Chris Barrie.
Grey Wheels
Grooved, flapped Bonnet
Black Leather Interior
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):

2005 BMW M3 E46 Shape 3.246 Straight Six in Velvet Blue
1999 Honda Civic MB6 Shape 1.8VTi VTEC in Pirates Black
Rissy

VIN #: 01458

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat