I have a plan...

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

I have a plan...

Postby Explodaview1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 am

After a few years of being Deloreanless I now have a plan...to sell my wonderful 1933 Armstrong Siddeley Special in the Spring and to then...at last...buy myself a really good Delorean. This will be my 3rd DMC...the first was featured on my Explodaview wall chart (the poster now owned by the Delorean Owners Club). That was a baptism by fire for me but a great way to get familiar with these great all-time classics. When you've owned a DMC any other car just pales by comparison...but why? I think its a combination of the obvious stuff...an iconic motor, the film, history, Politics etc...but the one thing that has always overshadowed that is the Club and its members. I have just never found a club to give as much as you guys do...the enthusiasm, the fun times and the shared ownership help and support.
So not an owner yet but a definitive plan to change that next year. I'll be back! :dance:
Explodaview1

Re: I have a plan...

Postby mec » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:34 am

sounds like a good plan to me !

Silly question who is this as your name isnt obvious to me :? sorry for my ignorance :thumbsup:
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

2009 DMC Europe open house Roadtrip member
Official 2010 Silvercoast "Chaved Banana"
Unofficial 2011 Eurofest Autotest WINNER ! 128.7 secs
2013 Silvercoast DMC Roadtrip Representitive
Eurofest 2016 Roadtrip member
2019 Hamburg Official Convoy Member

DeLorean Club
mec

VIN #: 4395
Spaxed

Postby MikeWard » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:41 pm

mec wrote:Silly question who is this as your name isnt obvious to me :? sorry for my ignorance :thumbsup:

I believe it's Andy Snell. Previously under username bigglesdmc, more recently under theone4dmc, and now Explodaview1.
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby Explodaview1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Yup...thats me! I come...I go...always with a dream of getting another Delorean. It just has not been possible over the last few years and I have so missed the car and the club. So now a plan to change all of that! Be good to catch up with the events again!
Explodaview1

Postby Explodaview1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Here's a pic of my Armstrong. Very sad to see it go...fab car!
Attachments
IMG_5193.jpg
This what I have currently and this will be sold possibly at Essen next year.
IMG_5193.jpg (4.75 MiB) Viewed 2946 times
Explodaview1

Postby mec » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:45 pm

that is a superb car !! I'm not sure if i have met you or not, more than likely have, just cant put a name to a face
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

DeLorean Club
mec

Spaxed

Postby Explodaview1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 pm

I used to be regularly involved with Delorean Club Uk etc when I created the Explodaview poster where I rebuilt a DMC from scratch...every nut and bolt was rebuilt and the finished car was fantastic. Sadly I sold that and then had to wait a couple more years for another car that I imported. That ended up better than my first car but again I had to sell that shortly after finishing it...the pleasures and perils of running ones own business! I’ve had various other classic cars since but they have never got the mark in terms of enjoying the club involvement. The Armstrong Siddeley is undoubtably the best car I have ever owned but again the club support for this has not been great...hence the decision to get another D. I’m not going to rush the process and will wait until I can put money where my mouth is...as mentioned previously this 3rd car will be a keeper. It will be a manual and I hope I will find one that is restored...I just don’t think I can face doing a ground up restoration again!
Explodaview1

Postby mec » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm

sounds good to me, I'm in the process of doing a body off on mine at the min, after nine years of ownership ! lol
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

DeLorean Club
mec

Spaxed

Postby Explodaview1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:27 pm

I do have photos of mine as it was being built up somewhere...shout if you need to see anything and I will see what I can find. I know I took really good shots of the restored chassis with engine, pipe work etc as it was being built up.
Explodaview1

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat