Should I give up on living the dream?

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Should I give up on living the dream?

Postby TristanC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm

DMC1983 wrote:Thanks Tristan. I did stop by after work but he wasnt there. When you pick up your car, if its not too early/ive finished work etc, it would be cool if i could meet up with you if thats ok? If not, no worries.

I won’t physically be there to pick it up mate - otherwise, I’d be more than happy to meet up.
I’m all the way over in South Wales. I have a transporter to collect for me.

However, my car will be with Chris for at least the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Cheers
Tris
Tristan J Carroll
vin 11477 Jan '82 Grey Manual
http://www.newdelorean.co.uk
TristanC

VIN #: 11477

Postby DMC1983 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Oh well. Our paths may cross one day. Tbh, i dont really want to pester chris. I have some questions for him but i understand hes at work. I also dont want to be "one of those guys" if you know what i mean.
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

VIN #: 5219

Postby jerzybondov » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm

DMC1983 wrote:
Are these just chancers/gold mine syndrome sufferers or are these cars really worth more than 30k now?

Well like any car, a DeLorean is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Look at the classic car market generally and you'll see a lot of stuff that wasn't worth much a few years ago now commanding big bucks, and it doesn't even have to be that special.

The DeLorean that sold in the Silverstone auctions a few months ago was a good indicator of where the market is at - that car went for £42k (I think) and condition wise it wasn't exceptional. I know there are several cars in the club I'd rather have over that one.

And if you look at what it costs you to get a decent, driving piece of 70s or 80s exotica that's comparable to the DeLorean you'll be needing much deeper pockets than that.

So no, people pricing their cars over £30k aren't gold mine syndrome sufferers (unless it's a clapped out shocker that's sat since 1984) or chancers - they're just pricing their cars according to the current market. If no-one wanted to buy a DeLorean for over £30k the prices would still be £15-20k like they were 10 years ago, or £5-10k like they were 10 years before that.

Good luck with your search, and do keep saving - the dream is worth it :D :thumbsup:
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Previous

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat