Having problems finding some things?

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Having problems finding some things?

Postby Robert.L » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi, Although I have tried to find these I wonder if you can point out where these are please?
Magazine,(s) are these available on the forum/website anywhere? as I cant seem to find a link to them.
Discounts, On the website it mentions discounts with suppliers. Are these only available to some as I cant seem to find reference to these?
If someone could point these out to me, and apologies if I'm just missing them or not looking in the correct place. :oops:

Bob
Robert.L

Re: Having problems finding some things?

Postby arranj » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi Bob. I will try to answer these questions, but these are not "gospel"!

Magazines: No - we don't produce a magazine. We are in the process of producing a FREE e-magazine, and hopefully the first edition will be available soon. If you have anything to contribute to it then please help us out by doing so. I can't find the post myself at the moment! :oops: but it's here somewhere. Perhaps if you can tell me/us where you found reference to "magazines" I/we can help further.

If it's a printed magazine you're after I'd recommend DeLoreans magazine here: http://www.delorean.com/deloreans/

Regarding discounts: Mainly we are known for our exclusive arrangement with Spax Performance - which you will find here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=332
We do have a club discount with Spax: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36 - but the link above is a bit better than that!

although I would view the entire DeLorean Club Parts Shop as a discount!: viewforum.php?f=66 - let me know where you can find these parts cheaper in the UK! Again - if you can suggest any other items you would like us to look into as a FREE club, then please suggest it here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=325

I think others can clarify where else we have arranged discounts, but the parts cross ref section can be found here: viewforum.php?f=15 - and parts for sale can be found here: viewforum.php?f=35

The stainless exhuast system is another area in which our members have arranged a highly discounted price: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=281 and here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=496 - although being registered on this forum is not a pre-requisite to obtain this discount, although you do have to ask for it. Unfortunately I personally paid full price for this system! :(

I think - in general - if you are looking for something and mention it on here, then we as a club can help you find it for the cheapest possible price.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

As what arran said really.

The first e-mag post is: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=384&p=4041&hilit=mag#p4041
and all contributions are welcome. Once the first Mag is compiled it will be a free .pdf file to download.

To get the ball rolling I contacted the majority of different tyre manufacturers about donating a set of tyres for the DeLorean as part of a competition for the best article submitted in the first year. The nearest I got was Pirelli UK but unfortunately they pulled out at the last minute. I was very disappointed with that but you don't know without trying :)

However, I have been in contact with on-line tyre suppliers too about getting discounts for club membership. I am still in negotiations with a couple of them at the moment. I am trying to get a "Voucher-Code" from them for further discount online for our FREE Club members. Is this what you refer to or used to as 'discounts' ??

I also managed to get a source of head gaskets remanufactured from a supplier near me for a brilliant price as it was only recently that they were harder to find that the preverbial rocking horse.....I bought a set for spares as you never know when a gasket/o ring/ copper seal will start leaking prior to going somewhere, or if you are doing a routine job and you need one of the little parts. Saves waiting on for weeks searching for one.

As Arran mentioned, the parts shop the club provides is a no profit making service for club members and there is always help with fitment if required. To make it fair, other vendors have been approached so they they can have thier own shop area with thier own control in it too.

We are in the process of procuring spare working parts that others have donated, such as fuel/idle computers, distributors, ignition amplifiers etc to help narrow down a fault on the cars too.

Any suggestionsare welcome, come and join us in the FREE to use chat room !
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby Robert.L » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Hello and thanks for the reply.
This; Magazines: No - we don't produce a magazine. We are in the process of producing a FREE e-magazine, and hopefully the first edition will be available soon. If you have anything to contribute to it then please help us out by doing so. I can't find the post myself at the moment! but it's here somewhere. Perhaps if you can tell me/us where you found reference to "magazines" I/we can help further.
Is this; By registering on this forum you have automatically become a member of the ‘DeLorean Club’ ! This is a free DeLorean related club which aims to publish (by email) about every 4 months, a magazine with DeLorean related features and articles.

I did not realise non had been produced, I thought there may have been back 'issues' I could have downloaded.

I do get the very good magazine from the DeLorean Owners club in the UK so dont really want to get another from abroad, thank you. I dont really use the internet much thanks and am not that interested in using chat rooms. thanks for the offer though.
Although I do appreciate your answer on the parts, I dont see that you are doing any thing special with regard to parts as it seems (please correct if wrong) that you are only acting as a re-seller of specialT's parts or dampers that were developed by Spax in conjunction with another club. Although discounts are very welcome and are great to have.

Bob
Robert.L

Postby tourettes tony » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:36 pm

we cant please everyone TT :(
Last edited by tourettes tony on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby mnickels » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Go ahead and buy from Special T then, pay your duty and wait the week or more it will take for delivery. This club was formed by a group of ex doc members who disagreed with the direction the club was going.
Previous restoration progress on http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=1069

Ireland Rep
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
mnickels

VIN #: 2456
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Robert.L wrote:Although I do appreciate your answer on the parts, I dont see that you are doing any thing special with regard to parts as it seems (please correct if wrong) that you are only acting as a re-seller of specialT's parts or dampers that were developed by Spax in conjunction with another club. Although discounts are very welcome and are great to have.

Regarding Spax. Yes we are acting as a reseller, which anyone could do, but to offer the heavily discounted price that we do required a significant amount of negotiation, paperwork, involving a third party, and risking (for all of two weeks before we sold 4 sets!) £1100 of our donors' hard earned cash. Listing these things on this forum, taking pictures, processing the numerous orders, helping people out with technical support - all takes time, although admittedly only the people who have have purchased the shocks have benefitted from this particular FREE service provided for free by our helpers. It's also worth noting that this FREE forum doesn't cost nothing to host..... Plus we had the idea of doing it, then actually DID it!

"developed by Spax in conjunction with another club" - sorry I have no idea what this means. Spax have been in the shocks business for a number of years and produce shocks for too many cars to mention. I am not aware of any car club that help Spax develop shocks for the DeLorean, and as far as I'm aware the first person to send their stock shocks to Spax to be measured up to replacement was a moderator*(EDIT: see below)* of this forum. Spax offers a "made to measure" service for any car, and don't rely on car clubs to do it for them. Try phoning Spax up and seeing what price they quote you. Try then saying you can get them from us for £278 and demand they sell them to you for that price. They won't do it - I've tried! :shock:

Regarding our large inventory of other parts - mainly - as you say - sourced from Special T Auto. Again, we have negotiated with John Hervey a significant "club discount" - that only applies to the bulk purchases that we make, and once again our donors have risked a very large sum of money to help us out. Obviously we've saved a lot on shipping too, and we have passed this saving on to our FREE members, and one of our many free services to help keep DeLoreans in the UK and Europe on the road. These parts are actually held in stock here in the UK - so if you break down you're not waiting weeks for a fuel pump - it's here! Yet another free service to ease the burden of Delorean ownership. Please let me know of another DeLorean club or business holding >£2000 of stock for non-profit.

We have also helped out (albeit in a small way) with new and improved front springs - again held in stock by us, ready for quick dispatch. Cheaper than the alternative held in Europe: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=617

The Stainless Exhaust system - I paid £1100. Paul B says £1200. There are people on here who have paid £750 this year - again thanks to the club helpers and a couple of phone calls.

No-one has asked for a subsciption in order to benefit from reduced prices.

I am told work is progressing on the online magazine. It's taking a while, because we don't want it to just to be full of the same stuff you can see on the forum months in advance anyway. As ever all contributions from everyone are welcome!

If you have any suggestions about what you may like from this FREE club, then please let's hear them!

EDIT: It has since been pointed out to me that the individual who sent one rear and one front stock shock to Spax for measurement was in fact the secretary of another club (not the person mentioned by me above). He had purchased these from a DeLorean vendor and sent them to Spax for measurement. It was - as I mentioned before - Spax themselves who developed the shocks, not another car club - something that I'm sure you'll agree Spax are more than capable of doing themselves. Spax offer this service for any car: http://www.spax.co.uk/classic_products-ksx.php - Our involvment, as we have mentioned before quite openly, has been simply to offer these at the very best possible price to help owners out worldwide, which in my opinion IS "special", since no-one else is doing it. At no point have we re-branded these shocks or claimed that we developed them! Why would we?!
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Sorry - EDIT - just been in the chat room, and I can now exclusively announce that we have secured yet another club discount on NOS petrol tanks.

Originally listed here for £10: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=500 - we can now offer them for £5 - contact us for details

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:04 am

Hi Bob

Welcome to the club and forum, I can’t really add anything further to what’s already been said above.

One thing is for sure, this club in a relatively short period of time has become very successful, not only in helping DeLorean owners and enthusiasts, but at bringing together a very large group of people, all of whom I would call good friends.

Stick around Bob it would be great to see you at one of our events sometime.

Do you own a D btw ? If so it would be nice to hear more about it.

Kind Regards

Mike
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby Robert.L » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Hello,
I seem to have been misunderstood a bit. was not questioning things in that fine a detail. I did not realise no magazines online or otherwise had been done. I saw reference to these and was unable to find them, that was all. I am aware now that there is as yet none and I look forward to it. Will I be able to print it at home through my printer?
Nor am I moaning about prices, when I have the funds (about another 2 years) then I shall be looking at buying parts at the best price I can get them, from wherever I can get them.
Nor did I realise this club was set up by ex DOC members, I thought it was to unite all European clubs. So forgive me for being somewhat confused.
Robert.L

Next

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat