Having problems finding some things?

Welcome to the DeLorean Club Forum, this area is for general DeLorean chat

Re: Having problems finding some things?

Postby bozzzydmc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

Pleased we could clear up the confusion Bob.

Plus if you have any questions in the future about buying a car or parts, you wont find a more helpful and constructive bunch of knowledgable people than on here.

We have a few members in the London area if you interested in getting in touch with them .

Mike

Robert.L wrote:Hello,
I seem to have been misunderstood a bit. was not questioning things in that fine a detail. I did not realise no magazines online or otherwise had been done. I saw reference to these and was unable to find them, that was all. I am aware now that there is as yet none and I look forward to it. Will I be able to print it at home through my printer?
Nor am I moaning about prices, when I have the funds (about another 2 years) then I shall be looking at buying parts at the best price I can get them, from wherever I can get them.
Nor did I realise this club was set up by ex DOC members, I thought it was to unite all European clubs. So forgive me for being somewhat confused.
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby Admin-bloke » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 am

No worries !

We envisage that the magazine will be free to download from the same forum location at any time and will be in the Adobe "pdf" format.
You should then be able to view it via the computer or print it out in your own time. Even if you lose the printout then you can re-download it again.

The parts supply for rapid distribution including "bulk purchasing" discounts is done via the club at non profit too !
It is amazing how things can happen just before an event like an alternator going as an example.
If bought from America there are things to factor like postal delay, import duty, stuck in customs etc whereas this club has one that can get to you in the next day usually. We have only done common items that are likely to go or are a common failure. The ability of using PayPal as a means of payment just quickens the process up.

To avoid confusion, although this club was started by a few DOC members (NOT "ex"), this club is orientated for the European community but welcomes anyone really. At previous events at Norfolk our good friends from Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland etc have come and visited the UK and likewise the invitations have been returned and people from the UK visited Ireland, The Netherlands etc.
I for one can't wait to visit some more countries in Europe and having local knowledge of where to go and where to stay is a bonus.

Robert.L wrote:Hello,
I seem to have been misunderstood a bit. was not questioning things in that fine a detail. I did not realise no magazines online or otherwise had been done. I saw reference to these and was unable to find them, that was all. I am aware now that there is as yet none and I look forward to it. Will I be able to print it at home through my printer?
Nor am I moaning about prices, when I have the funds (about another 2 years) then I shall be looking at buying parts at the best price I can get them, from wherever I can get them.
Nor did I realise this club was set up by ex DOC members, I thought it was to unite all European clubs. So forgive me for being somewhat confused.
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

No problem Robert

Feel free to ask any questions you want, and if you have any suggestions then please also mention them.

There are many parts and spares items being researched and negotiated as I type this!, as well as some additions to our clothing range.
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby neal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Bob

Then there is the History, I can Answer Questions on a Personal view of working at the Factory. Then there is Nick Sutton with more Knowledgeable experience, with his live chat on here the other month.
Neal Barclay
Former Employee of Delorean Motor Cars Ltd, Dunmurry
clock number 1804

Live the Dream Today, Because I did it yesterday.
The Dream that turned into a Nightmare has now turned into a Dream again.
neal
Former DMC Employee

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:56 pm

bozzzydmc wrote:Plus if you have any questions in the future about buying a car or parts, you wont find a more helpful and constructive bunch of knowledgable people than on here.

I agree with that for 100%
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Robert.L » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Again thanks, I did attend the event in Norfolk a couple of years ago (just for the day) and met up with members then and got a run in Chris Williams car, it's just a case of finding the funds and all that. Other than fuel systems they dont seem to bad to run and fix and from what I was told really only if the cars have not been run often. I'm going to go to the NEC next week so I will say hello there.
Bob
Robert.L

Previous

Return to Welcome! ... General DeLorean chat