Stainless Steel Door Pins (set of 4)

Sub forum for new stainless items made by Paul

Stainless Steel Door Pins (set of 4)

Postby paul151 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:46 pm

I am very pleased to bring to you all a new product. I have recently invested in a lathe and I have just completed the first set of door pins.

These are turned from 303 grade stainless steel and have a highly polished finish, these will really be noticed on your DMC! They are made to the later spec of door pin with the longer thread length.

These have been made with a domed & chamfered end to help guide the door catch and try and reduce the damage caused to the pin.

The price is £60 for a complete set of 4 + £4.50 UK P&P (Royal Mail 1st class recorded) or £8.90 (Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed). I could make the postage cheaper but there wont be any insurance should they go missing.

These are made to order so please allow a day or two to get a set completed before I can post out.

paul151

Re: Stainless Steel Door Pins (set of 4)

Postby RobvdVeer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:10 pm

thank you for making this nice product! very good looking

but that gromet is something i have not seen yet!
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby paul151 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:28 pm

It's something from the later models. I am also going to look into machining the large washers from stainless for those who don't have the rubber grommet. But I think the grommets are still available to buy? Maybe someone can put me right on that?
paul151

Postby paul151 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Just to clarify, these will fit both early and late models. Only the thread length is different when compared to early type door pins. DMC made the thread longer by about 1/4 inch seemingly to accommodate extra washers behind the pin if required. The rubber boot in the pictures is something from a later model and fits over the pin after installation to hide the washers. Rubber boots not supplied.
paul151

Postby Phil349 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am

As Paul says these are made to the same style as the later type door pins, but will fit any car. The difference is the slightly longer thread length and the fact that the later style pins have a chamfered lead to the thread which makes picking up the thread in the floating captive nut on the car and starting to screw the pins in much easier to do!

The rubber grommets were only fitted on later cars to tidy up the look of the pin / washers / hole in the panel.

These are available from Ed if you want to hide the washers and they do look quite neat. The only downside is they are glued on, so get your door pin alignment spot on before fitting them!

1 x STRIKER PIN GROMMET 4.07EUR
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_ ... _id=119027
Phil349

VIN #: 1128

Postby Daniel Shane » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:11 pm

These fit too, I used them on my D. Thread length is the same as the originals . You will need two sets

http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show ... iker-pins/
Dan Shane
DCUK 008
Ex VIN 4754

The Black Stig
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Daniel Shane

VIN #: Ex 4754

Postby paul151 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Yeah, I own a vx220 (same chassis as Elise) and I'm aware of these being the same thread (as the early pins, still shorter than the later pins). However given the way the doors close on a Delorean compared to the Elise/vx220, the head of the Elise pin offers no guidance for the door latches. You can see how squared off the edges are. And that finish is awful compared to mine. Those will be cnc machined, that's the only way they can be made for that price.
paul151

Postby Daniel Shane » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:35 pm

The Worked on my D.

I found the original thread length was fine aslong as the doors where fitted correctly. I've had to rehang quite a few D's doors in my time and never needed many washers behind the pins.

I'm sure yours are better finished. Just wanted to point them out to people.

There stainless wheel nuts also fit a Delorean too.
Dan Shane
DCUK 008
Ex VIN 4754

The Black Stig
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Daniel Shane

VIN #: Ex 4754

Postby A Van » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Looks good well done Paul
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club