Mike Bosworth

For anything else not specifically DeLorean related....

Re: Mike Bosworth

Postby Kenny » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:11 am

I'm sorry to hear this news. I didn't know Mike very well but had a few good nights out with him at delorean weekends in Ireland over the years. My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP
Kenny

VIN #: 1569

Postby carl hammond » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:43 pm

This is awfully sad to hear... I know Mike hasn't been around on the club scene of late, but it doesn't detract how deeply shocking this news has come today...

Like others, I remember 'Bozzzy' as being a great down to earth guy, who always had good banter, but when it came to helping people, particularly with the cars could he never do enough for anyone.

Thoughts are with his nearest and dearest.
Carlos
#VIN11777 - Middle East. ;)

Dubai Rep
DeLorean Club

DeLorean Club - "Friends with benefits"
carl hammond

VIN #: 11777
Spaxed

Postby lukebrynycz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:49 pm

It was a complete honour knowing Mike over the years. He helped me with my Delorean more than what most friends from school had done in general over the years. We naturally got on extremely well with our shared BTTF obsession. I was probably in contact with Mike more than anyone over the last year or so due to some personal issues which I don't think would be right to share here without his mums permission.

The moment I knew something wasn't quite right was when he once again went off the radar around mid April when he didn't want to come meet all the BTTF cast in London. The moment I knew it was very serious was when I didn't even receive a text or call on that milestone Oct 21st date, something we both had looked forward to and discussed for years. :(

I sit here typing this message in complete disbelief, and extremely saddened. I didn't sleep very well last night, and only wish he had contacted me to allow me to be the true friend he clearly needed. I don't know any details at all yet, whether it was an accident, an illness, or if something was too much for him, but I'm hoping Chris will share his mums email with me so that I can help arrange things with her and keep everyone in the loop.

A severely terrible ending to what would have been a great Christmas break. Here are a few photos from a brilliant event where a few of us met up in Leeds, and our Time Machines Timmy and Tommy met for the first time ;)

Even here, after a hail storm, he didn't sit out and helped us wipe our cars down.

Ex 1981 Delorean Time Machine owner (unofficial replica) officially.
Hire a Delorean or Delorean Time Machine - http://www.deloreanhire.com
lukebrynycz

Postby cis6409 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Very sad and shocking to hear this news!
Mike was always willing to help and support everything Delorean related always postive and great sense of humour ..
I remember the cow dung incident in Dublin at the car park of Guinness at the first shanefest particularly funny everyone was in stiches !

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to everyone who was close to him ..
I know he was out of the loop for a while but I was looking forward to seeing him back someday ..
R.I.P Mike

Shane
cis6409

VIN #: 6409

Postby lukebrynycz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:32 pm

cis6409 wrote:I remember the cow dung incident in Dublin at the car park of Guinness at the first shanefest particularly funny everyone was in stiches !Shane

I need a bit of humour, do explain :)
lukebrynycz

Postby cis6409 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:42 pm

Yeah it was the classic stepped in cow poo moment ..
It was a very realistic looking slop of cow poo and I was mad as a hatter trying to make sure everyone had got thru the city with their cars ok and got into the car park .. I was a little bit stressed so sensing this he and a few of the guys laid down the fake poo and tricked me into walking into it 1..
What a laugh , perfect tension breaker .. everyone was still laughing all the way into the Guinness factory tour
Top stuff !

Shane
cis6409

VIN #: 6409

Postby Thunderchild » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Shocked and saddened to hear this news.

I remember when I first bought my Delorean and arrived at a club meet not really knowing anybody. No sooner had I parked up than Bozzy was there to greet me, he already knew who I was and immediately put me at ease by chatting to me like we had been friends for years.

He shared a passion for the cars but above all was just a great fun to be around and will be missed greatly.
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk
VIN# 2325
Thunderchild

VIN #: 2325

Postby mec » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:46 pm

i remember that ! I think it ended up on my bonnet at one point too !
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

2009 DMC Europe open house Roadtrip member
Official 2010 Silvercoast "Chaved Banana"
Unofficial 2011 Eurofest Autotest WINNER ! 128.7 secs
2013 Silvercoast DMC Roadtrip Representitive
Eurofest 2016 Roadtrip member
2019 Hamburg Official Convoy Member

DeLorean Club
mec

VIN #: 4395
Spaxed

Postby dmc4087 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:01 pm

That is awful news. Very very sorry to hear this. I still have parts on my car that he posted to me out of his own pocket, wouldn't take any money. True gent and enthusiast.
dmc4087

VIN #: 04087
Spaxed

Postby lukebrynycz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:40 pm

cis6409 wrote:Yeah it was the classic stepped in cow poo moment ..
It was a very realistic looking slop of cow poo and I was mad as a hatter trying to make sure everyone had got thru the city with their cars ok and got into the car park .. I was a little bit stressed so sensing this he and a few of the guys laid down the fake poo and tricked me into walking into it 1..
What a laugh , perfect tension breaker .. everyone was still laughing all the way into the Guinness factory tour
Top stuff !

Shane

:lol: Wish I had a Delorean back then so could have come along!

My last great memory with Boz was when we went to Knightcon 2015. We went for a lunch break and went for a few pints in a local hotel bar. It's so hard to believe that would be the last time we met up to talk nonsense.. :(
lukebrynycz

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic