Photobucket WTF

For anything else not specifically DeLorean related....

Photobucket WTF

Postby Darren C » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:06 am

WTF is going on with Photobucket?

I wake up yesterday and have an email updating their T & C that goes from free ability to display/share my pictures.....to all images blocked from sharing unless I pay $40 a month for the privilege of a IMG link :evil:

Is this what they call Ransomware?
@classiccarguru1
Darren C

VIN #: 4532
Spaxed

Re: Photobucket WTF

Postby bandit » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 am

Yes Darren, it's strange I saw someone post the same thing on a car forum I go on, but others said it was BS. I had the same email but my Photobucket is working fine.
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Re: Photobucket WTF

Postby arranj » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 pm

It's definitely happening. When Alistair's avatar disappeared I noticed immediately :lol: - of course I have repaired that now, but one can assume the threat is not bs.
Also on the individual image pages that I have seen, the title has been changed to "it will go under...." - so either someone at Photobucket has realised that too, or it's hacked or whatever.
There are plenty of ways to host images for free, whether their reasons make sense for them or not I don't know, and I know we can't complain that something that was free for years is no longer free, but it's going to kill them off rather fast I'd say... what else would you use Photobucket for?
Attachments
avatar.JPG (21.78 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Return to Off Topic