Drone Discussion - Split From Norfolk 9th July Weekend

For anything else not specifically DeLorean related....

Re: EuroTec Meet-up - Norfolk 9th July Weekend

Postby eric » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:09 am

mec wrote:just a shame we had a run in with a local brandishing a shot gun :shock: :? :lol:

Whoopsie... what on earth happened there ?

There is only one thing in life worse than not owning a DeLorean.
Owning one which is not running...
eric

VIN #: 7161
Spaxed

Postby bandit » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:10 pm

eric wrote:
mec wrote:just a shame we had a run in with a local brandishing a shot gun :shock: :? :lol:

Whoopsie... what on earth happened there ?

It’s Norfolk mate.
Get off my laaaand
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby DMC1983 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:50 pm

I was flying the drone near their house filming mecs car and they went full on snowflake karen. I tried to prove to them i wasnt filming them (like they are so interesting and needed to be filmed :roll: ) but they werent interested. They just wanted to go full retard and have a meltdown.
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
Reg:  FNP 478W (Finding Numerous Problems)
Travelling And Recreation Developed In Style
Member of the Beverley Hills Car Club Club
DMC1983

VIN #: 5219
Spaxed

Drone Discussion - Split From Norfolk 9th July Weekend

Postby eric » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:32 pm

LOL.... I mean come on a car park full of Deloreans vs their back yard.....

Yeahh we just wanted to film you cutting the grass as you did such a good job of it.

There is only one thing in life worse than not owning a DeLorean.
Owning one which is not running...
eric

VIN #: 7161
Spaxed

Postby Dan 6511 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm

DMC1983 wrote:I was flying the drone near their house filming mecs car and they went full on snowflake karen. I tried to prove to them i wasnt filming them (like they are so interesting and needed to be filmed :roll: ) but they werent interested. They just wanted to go full retard and have a meltdown.

Should have said if I wanted to see in your garden I'd just look on google earth... :roll:
Vin: 6511 Reg: TDV 102W (Totaly Diabolical Vehicle)

Sell it Or Sorn it

Road trips:
2008: Mervyn's D Weekend, Ireland
2008: DMC Europe Open House
2009: DMC Europe Open House
2009: Royal D Weekend, Ireland
2010: Silvercoast, France
2010: Shanefest, Ireland
2010: Luxemburg & Nurburgring
2011: Eurofest, Belfast
2019: International DeLorean Meeting, Hamburg
Dan 6511

VIN #: 6511

Postby DMC1983 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:36 pm

I tried to explain i had a license and that they dont own any airspace and i was literally ok to do as i pleased from a legal standpoint. There wasnt any no fly zone restrictions or any drone restrictions at all in that location. They could of been polite, asked me what i was doing and if they still didnt like it, ask me to move on. Its not difficult. Youll actually get further with approaching things that way rather than screaming and shouting and threatening criminal damage and/or assault. Most people would tell them to F off and fly the drone more just to annoy them further.

They said something about shooting it out of the sky which is in fact illegal and is classed as criminal damage and if the falling drone hit anyone or caused damage to anything, they would be liable. Some people are just dumb and think they are the center of the universe.

What made me laugh is that they filmed us as we drove off so pot, kettle, black. Tbh i have no idea what they could possibly get out of that as the police would tell them to piss off and stop wasting their time. No illegal activity happened from either party. I could easily prove i was filming the car and not them and the drone didnt fly over or near their house which can be seen in the footage not to mention the gps tracker that shows on a map exactly where the drone was flown, direction, speed etc. If i had flown the thing outside their living room window then i could totally understand the way they acted. But instead they chose to go full blown karen :snooty:

Anyway, dont worry about it mec. I know the footage i took wasnt brilliant as it was something ive never tried before. Hopefully theres some footage you can use. If not, we can always go out and try again
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

Spaxed

Postby mec » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Just pleased the drone was ok ! Yea ive used some of the footage on the upcoming DeLorean Video ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dmcdoors: :dmcdoors: :dmcdoors:
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

2009 DMC Europe open house Roadtrip member
Official 2010 Silvercoast "Chaved Banana"
Unofficial 2011 Eurofest Autotest WINNER ! 128.7 secs
2013 Silvercoast DMC Roadtrip Representitive
Eurofest 2016 Roadtrip member
2019 Hamburg Official Convoy Member

DeLorean Club
mec

VIN #: 4395
Spaxed

Postby DMC1983 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:32 pm

Cool. I look forward to see how youve utilised it
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

Spaxed

Postby Daniel Shane » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:29 am

Only thing I would say is that maybe you could of talked to them before flying a drone over them ??? I know as you say you can "do as i pleased from a legal standpoint", but maybe let them know so its not a big surprise ?
Dan Shane
DCUK 008
Ex VIN 4754

The Black Stig
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Daniel Shane

VIN #: Ex 4754

Postby DMC1983 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:14 pm

I wasnt flying over them. I flew it around the car. Ive flown it around where i live and never once had an issue with anyone. To start knocking on everyones door who i may fly over or come close too is time consuming and not a requirement and if i had to ask a whole street for example, i can guarantee at least half of the street would tell me no for vague reasons. People are strange. They dont want a drone flying over or near their property but i bet with little time and effort, i could find out where they work, what they earn, what they had for dinner last night, the areas they frequent, who they associate with, the cars they own and drive, actually see inside their house etc. People who have issues with privacy tend to either be hiding something or post everything about themselves online (not all, but most).
Either way, they over reacted and jumped to conclusions. If they value their privacy that much, maybe they should also use net curtains so passers by cant see in through their wiwindows. People like this arent as interesting to others as they think they are.
If anyone has a problem, im more than happy to discuss issues they may have and show them the footage to put them at ease that i wasnt filming them or even delete footage (not that i have to) and i can go further down the road and get the same shot again (there was empty fields either side of us which made for a decent shot).
Being nice goes a long way careless of the situation and these people were rather nasty.
DeLoryan
VIN 5219 - Oct 81
Grey Interior, Manual
Grooved Hood
DMC1983

Spaxed

Next

Return to Off Topic