#FINISHED# - Rolling Road - EuroTec - June 2010 - YES!!!!!!

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Re: Rolling Road - EuroTec - June 2010 - Yes or No?!

Postby A Van » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 pm

That Saab...........jeeez...my pick-up loaded would have more than that
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

I vote for 'hot topic' in advance..

Frankly it would be nice to stop guessing the performance of my car, with the custom headers, freeflow exhaust, open lambda and all... I KNOW it is more than 135hp, but I have now idea how much. Perhaps 136? PO said it should be close to 150hp but I do not believe that. Will we ever know?..

First of all I hope it makes it to eurotec and back without a flatbed..
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Rob, you haven't forgot my cloggs have you??? I want to do a rendition of 'a little mouse with cloggs on' whilst sally is whipping me
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby arranj » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 pm

hana 5284 wrote:i think arran the problem last year was that people wanted to do there cars on it but couldnt get there car out the car park maybe have somesort of order in the car park so test cars can be near the entrance (just my thoughts that all)

Good plan Tyson. If we do it, we'll get a list drawn up, and reserve them all a nice spot under the tree ;) - then use Al's hi-vis jacket to get some cars moved out of the way. I actually couldn't get mine done last time for that very reason.

jerzybondov wrote:I think it really added a lot to the event to have it there last time - the question is how many of the people who dynoed their cars last time would want to do it again (some I imagine) compared to who didn't last time but would this time.

That is exactly the question I am asking - yes. We need nearly 10 yeses really, otherwise we won't be able to convince the dyno people to attend.

jerzybondov wrote:Rob - it's not just about knowing what your car is putting out, but tweaking it so that it's running at its absolute best. Definitely worth it if you haven't done it before in my opinion :D

Yes - that's the reason I want to do mine. I know it's not a Porsche, but it'd be nice to know it's all running right, and with Admin-bloke and his hammer standing by, what could possibly go wrong?!
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 pm

delorean12uk wrote:Rob, you haven't forgot my cloggs have you??? I want to do a rendition of 'a little mouse with cloggs on' whilst sally is whipping me

What size was it again? Size 18? Just kidding.. 10 it is. You want them standard (blank wood) or painted with windmills and tulips or 'Delft Blue'-style? Or do you prefer concrete shoes? lol. Oh and they are called clumps..

What you do with them afterwards I don't wanna know.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby mnickels » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:03 pm

If my car is ready I will certainly put it on. Personally I spent most of my time with the rolling road as found it fascinating. I even drove KMC's onto the ramp
Previous restoration progress on http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=1069

Ireland Rep
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
mnickels

VIN #: 2456
Spaxed

Postby tommy boy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

If mine makes it out of the garage and down to norfolk then i would be well up for a do on the rolling road, just to put all you injection guys to shame (am i sounding like bill yet) :P
Award winning "ole smokey" 111.9 hp

Tec weekend pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/secret-squirrel/

Official EuroTec Photographer
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tommy boy

VIN #: 007 155
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Admin-bloke wrote:
Tweaking????? You mean from the back on an AA lorry to the second highest result there!!!!!!!

Something like that :lol:
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 pm

arranj wrote:Rob - it's not just about knowing what your car is putting out, but tweaking it so that it's running at its absolute best. Definitely worth it if you haven't done it before in my opinion

Yes - that's the reason I want to do mine. I know it's not a Porsche, but it'd be nice to know it's all running right, and with Admin-bloke and his hammer standing by, what could possibly go wrong?!

Do they tune them up as well then as well as dyno them to help get optimium performance??? i e adjusting fuel mixture and timing etc etc. Are people aware who want to participate in this that a good service wouldn't go amiss before getting there car dyno'd??? I'm in 2 minds personnelly, I think I would get embarrassed at my 16 bhp at the wheels being made public
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby Admin-bloke » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 am

delorean12uk wrote:
arranj wrote:Rob - it's not just about knowing what your car is putting out, but tweaking it so that it's running at its absolute best. Definitely worth it if you haven't done it before in my opinion

Do they tune them up as well then as well as dyno them to help get optimium performance??? i e adjusting fuel mixture and timing etc etc. Are people aware who want to participate in this that a good service wouldn't go amiss before getting there car dyno'd??? I'm in 2 minds personnelly, I think I would get embarrassed at my 16 bhp at the wheels being made public

To help this me/ Dan-the-Shim-Man re-shimmed the primary fuel pressure and did a full fuel pressure warmup test, checked the vac pipe routing and did a quick check of the ignition timing, lambda computer and I set the throttle plate and brass screws first. Then on the rollers with the engine idling with lambda disconnected (if fitted) set the base fuel mixture using the air/fuel gauge the rolling road team had, then re-connected the lambda to check if the air/ fuel ratio was the same.

Some cars had slightly higher HP without the lambda fitted with better ait to fuel raito (prob due to slow switching/ blocked up with previous soot) luckily mine ran as stock with near ideal Air to Fuel (this graph was also plotted).

Nothing like a nice dry sunny with drinking beer tuning engines sniffing exhaust fumes !!!! :D
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to Events and Meet Ups