#FINISHED - 2011 DeLorean EuroTec Weekend - 24th June 2011

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Re: 2011 DeLorean EuroTec Weekend - 24th June 2011 - Norfolk, UK

Postby arranj » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

lol! And Rob is the owner of the world's only Merecedes-Benz-DeLorean! :lol:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Manxmann wrote:
RobvdVeer wrote:
arranj wrote:Only one I've found so far......: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general- ... lenty.html

Man, I read that post. Mercedes-Benz club, no need to impress those (censored) guys.

:? erm ooops not all MB owners think like these jumped up tw@t's ;)

Indeed. I apologize for generalising.. It's just that MB owners are, well, in general really, not very considerate drivers over here in the Netherlands, just like BMW-owner. Generally (here I go again) they tend to think they own the road and act accordingly in pubs. Nothing personal, I have very close friends that own Benz's, but you know, well, yeah sorry really.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Manxmann » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

RobvdVeer wrote:
Manxmann wrote:
RobvdVeer wrote:
arranj wrote:Only one I've found so far......: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general- ... lenty.html

Man, I read that post. Mercedes-Benz club, no need to impress those (censored) guys.

:? erm ooops not all MB owners think like these jumped up tw@t's ;)

Indeed. I apologize for generalising.. It's just that MB owners are, well, in general really, not very considerate drivers over here in the Netherlands, just like BMW-owner. Generally (here I go again) they tend to think they own the road and act accordingly in pubs. Nothing personal, I have very close friends that own Benz's, but you know, well, yeah sorry really.

LOL your ok Rob, I hate Delorean owners!..... oh yeah bugger :(
The Manx 'D' - VIN 17152
Manxmann

VIN #: 17152
Spaxed

Postby Phil349 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 pm

What a great weekend, both me and Liz really enjoyed it.
Its all been said already, but the whole weekend was really well organised, so much going on, and just shows what an excellent club this is and a great bunch of people. This was our second event with you guys and we'll certainly be coming back for more!

There was so many high points I cant list them all!

Thanks to Dan for the fuel pressure regulator shim and Nick T for his advice and help setting up the mixture on my car, it has definately made a difference. It felt much more responsive on the way home!
Altough we were roasting inside the car for the long drive home, the air con doesnt seem as good as it was so Ill have to check that out :dmcdoors:

Thanks to all that were involved in organising such an amazing event! And I must say Caley Hall is the perfect place for the Delorean Club world headquarters! Thanks to Arran and all the staff! We're already booked in to next years Eurotec and looking forward to it!!

Cheers,
Phil & Liz.
Phil349

VIN #: 1128

Postby Admin-bloke » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 am

:D
Phil349 wrote:What a great weekend, both me and Liz really enjoyed it.
Its all been said already, but the whole weekend was really well organised, so much going on, and just shows what an excellent club this is and a great bunch of people. This was our second event with you guys and we'll certainly be coming back for more!

There was so many high points I cant list them all!

Thanks to Dan for the fuel pressure regulator shim and Nick T for his advice and help setting up the mixture on my car, it has definately made a difference. It felt much more responsive on the way home!
Altough we were roasting inside the car for the long drive home, the air con doesnt seem as good as it was so Ill have to check that out :dmcdoors:

Thanks to all that were involved in organising such an amazing event! And I must say Caley Hall is the perfect place for the Delorean Club world headquarters! Thanks to Arran and all the staff! We're already booked in to next years Eurotec and looking forward to it!!

Cheers,
Phil & Liz.

I can't agree more, the weekend was brilliant :)

Great to see you again Phil (& Liz!)
Nice to hear that those minor tweaks made the car more responsive :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to next year already :D
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby rsvjarman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:42 pm

hi,

A thank you from Gill and myself for making us most welcome at the weekend. Also, amazing generosity at the auction on Saturday night - I am still trying to register that £2,703 was raised for M.S. in such a short time. Many, many thanks.

Also, the thrill of riding in a DeLorean again after 30 years - thanks Alister. Brancaster is one of our regular holiday haunts, but the beach car park will never seem the same again!

See you next year

Roger Jarman
rsvjarman
Former DMC Employee

Postby bozzzydmc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 pm

It was a pleasure to meet you and Gill

Thank you for your insight into the fascinating time you had at DMC and really looking forward to the next time

Regards

Mike

PS. Hunt through your loft for next years bumper fund raising event .. Based on this years I really need to save up !! :)
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby Dukes Of Hammond » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Just to say a massive thank you to Arran and the crew at Caley Hall Hotel.... and to everyone who made this event the best ever.

would like to say a special thank you to Rob for the use of his jump pack ... and Mr T for the same... as well as sorting my flooding problem :kiss:

just one question...... How on earth do we better this event :twisted:
Alan Hammond

http://www.deloreanclub.uk/

2012 Dodge Challenger 5.7L V8 R/T "The General" GN61 LEE... DMC 1981 Vin 569 "MXI 4811" Ex 1981 Esprit S3 Ex 1982 Esprit S3 "BIG7 007'
Dukes Of Hammond

VIN #: 569

Postby Admin-bloke » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 pm

No problem Alan. Thanks for blinging my motor !

I will try and get the spare central locking solenoids you donated to the club rewound for club spares :D
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 pm

BIG7 007 wrote:would like to say a special thank you to Rob for the use of his jump pack ... and Mr T for the same... as well as sorting my flooding problem :kiss:

just one question...... How on earth do we better this event :twisted:

I was quite convinced I did not need it for myself, but decided to bring it anyway, what are the odds eh?

You're quite right on the second bit, if have no idea how to make this any better next time: perhaps a +20hp improvement maybe? (reaping coming up)

Unrelated: a couple of months before Eurotec, there was a plan to have my head gaskets replaced at Eurotec as offered by TT. I have no doubt it would have been done, but I am *extremely* happy that this was not necessary at all. Still, the comfort I received from the club crew was amazing. Even more so, it made it possible for TT and the others to work on cars that really needed the attention (e.g. Gez and Tyson).
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to Events and Meet Ups