"DCB-12" announcement - Delorean Convention Belgium 2012

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Re: "DCB-12" announcement - Delorean Convention Belgium 2012

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Nobody interested in a visit to Belgium in may 2012? I now it's early, but the hotel has only 49 rooms, so don't wait too long to book your room ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Andy

VIN #: 04610

Postby Andy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 am

Hello everybody

I've been notified by several of you guys that aparently there are problems in getting the hotel rooms booked?

Anyway, Frederik went to the hotel and asked why, they claim there is no problem in booking. He also notified management of the hotel about this.
You can send your booking request on a mail on info@brugotel.be or through their website: www.brugotel.be.

Don't forget to mention "DCB12" to get the special event rates. If anyone has problems with booking or anything else about DCB-12, drop me or Frederik a message and we'll sort it out for you!

Sorry for this but we're monitoring this closely.

Regards from Belgium!

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Andy

Postby frevawan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi!

Just to let you know, hotel booking problems have been cleared up, there was a problem with their system. Somebody probably spilled some beer over the server or so ;)

Anyway, 4 rooms booked, 3 UK and 1 German!

Regards from Belgium!

Mr F
Frederik Van Acker
Loppem, Belgium

Delorean #02330
Knight Rider Kitt #Knight2000
Lotus Esprit S1 #240H 007
Ferrari Mondial QV

A Belgian without a beer is like Superman without his cape
frevawan

VIN #: 2330

Postby Dan 6511 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 am

Any chance of being able to do the registration via PayPal or something? UK Banks charge quite a high fee to send money to foreign accounts.
Sell it Or Sorn it

Road trips:
2008: Mervyn's Delorean Weekend, Ireland
2008: DMC Europe Open House
2009: DMC Europe Open House
2009: Royal Delorean Weekend, Ireland
2010: Silvercoast, France
2010: Shanefest, Ireland
2010: Luxemburg & Nurburgring
2011: Eurofest, Belfast
2019: International DeLorean Meeting, Hamburg
Dan 6511

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Dan 6457 wrote:Any chance of being able to do the registration via PayPal or something? UK Banks charge quite a high fee to send money to foreign accounts.

That I don't know, but I think it would be difficult to get the money from Paypal on our account ...

You can always send a message to Frederik (frederik.van.acker@prodim.biz), he's in charge of the financial side of our event.

Andy
Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:47 am

We have had confirmation that the location for the galadiner has been approved, you can expect a very exclusive surrounding and spectacular vieuw of Bruges!!

Regards from Belgium!

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 am

Dear Delorean enthousiast!

Only 4 months to go to the first Delorean Belgium Convention! The event is taking it’s definitive shape and we have recieved international registrations.

We have made some changes to the booking form, please visit www.dcb12.be for all updated information.

If you want to attend our meeting please:

- Go to the site and download the booking form and follow hotel & event registration instructions.
- On that same site download the exel sheet, fill it in and send it back to frederik.van.acker@prodim.biz
- You’ll also find the latest itinary of the event

Please note: we have put up a registration deadline of March 17th due to reservation and booking deadlines of various locations

Do you like to trade / exibit in the event or have something special?

- We’re still looking for vendors who like to sell, trade or exibit Delorean related items in the conference room of the hotel. This room will be accessible during our presence in the hotel and locked off in between.
- Do you have something unique to show? Scale models, artwork, etc… feel free to bring it along and we will exibit this for you in the hotel and /or Gala diner at the Crowne Plaza!
- Delorean clubs are invited to bring their own flags / banners / goodies.

We hope to gather a great number of cars for our very first convention, and will provide you all with an unforgettable time in Belgium!

Best Regards,

The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)

www.dcb12.be
Facebook : Delorean Convention Belgium 2012
Attachments
Flyer Versie 2 met sponsors reduced.JPG
Flyer Versie 2 met sponsors reduced.JPG (235.93 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
Andy

Postby Andy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm surprized there is so little response to our event. Is nobody from the UK interested in this or is it still to early to say?
We allready have Mark and Mary Hooper confirmed that they will come over, someone is coming over from New Jersey (USA) and Joe Murray (Northern Ireland) is looking into it ...

@Arran J: you mentioned in Luxembourg to Frederik - yes I'm in! Are you still in?

@Alistair V: didn't you want to visit your grandfathers brother in Flanders? This is a good excuse to do so ...

@cis6409: you 've never been to Belgium ...

@bozzzydmc: I thought you confirmed you attendance to Frederik together with Alistair?

@bttf brian: lost interest in Belgium?

Anyway, just checking 'cause I have the feeling no one is reading this ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Andy

Postby arranj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Andy wrote:We allready have Mark and Mary Hooper confirmed that they will come over

I hope you haven't got any taxis booked? ;)

Andy wrote:@Arran J: you mentioned in Luxembourg to Frederik - yes I'm in! Are you still in?

Unfortunately due to a change in my personal circumstances I am unable to commit to taking a single weekend off of work in May or June as yet. This isn't a "no", but I am just not sure at the moment. I am hoping things are going to work out, as I would love to come - you have all always been good to come over and support our events, since the early days.

Andy wrote:Anyway, just checking 'cause I have the feeling no one is reading this ...

I am finding this with my business too. With things being as they are financially, people seem more unwilling to commit to spending this sort of money on a "luxury" this far in advance. Whilst my hotel still fills every weekend, in 2007 we would be fully booked for a particular weekend over 3 months in advance in most cases, now it is 1 day in advance if we're lucky!
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Andy wrote:@bozzzydmc: I thought you confirmed you attendance to Frederik together with Alistair?

Andy / Frederick

As explained in my emails I think the problem here is the actual cost for the majority of people

The fact of the matter for me is I can't really afford the £600.00 + that I will easily need to attend .. I only wish I could guys :( I would have loved to attend, the only way I could would be to fly over and and share costs with others on car hire etc

We have been very spoilt at Caley, I know for me it only costs around £250 for 3 days there including petrol and drinks

Mike
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

PreviousNext

Return to Events and Meet Ups