Postby modifiedmadness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

MODIFIED MADNESS 2011
FRIDAY 15TH TO SUNDAY 17TH JULY 2011
BAKER BARRACKS
THORNEY ISLAND, EMSWORTH
PO10 8DH

Watch our Promo Video at

http://www.modifiedmadness.co.uk

Drag yourself down to Thorney Island where you can drift away to your hearts content enjoying an action packed fun weekend. Drag racing and drifting all at the Modified Madness weekend. An action packed weekend for all you petrol heads. Plenty to see and do at the Modified Madness weekend. Camping available all weekend where you can camp with friends other maxers and car enthusiasts. Top Drag racing action where you can RWYB and a purpose built Drifting / handling circuit. Go along to the rolling road at the Modified Madness Weekend and see what power your running. Power slides, donuts and much more hot action in the Drifting areas at the Modified Madness weekend.

* Drag Strip RWYB
* Trade & Club Stands
* Drifting Demos
* Drifting Area DWYB
* Show & Shine
* Camping
* Go karts
* Paintballing
* Ghostie Stunts Motorcycle Stunts
* Clubstand Sports
* Rolling Road
* Fun Fair
* Owners Clubs
* Bands & DJ's
* Live Music
* Entertainment including Fantazia Light show (Sat)
* Bouncy Castle, Bungee Run, Human Table Football
* Drift Experience
* Amusements
* Food & Drink Bars Burgers
* Beer Tent
* Much Much More!

A few youtube videos to wet the appetite for MODIFIED MADNESS 2011

modifiedmadness

Re: Modified Madness Show Sat 16th - Sun 17th July Portsmouth

Postby Darren C » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Hmmm,

I took the De there last year. Won't be going again. Too may p*ssed 17 year olds, throwing up, driving through camp sites and spectators while p*ssed in dayglow Saxo's & Nova, causing trouble, starting fights and generally being annoying to the locals.
It's an ASBO Chav Fest...STAY CLEAR. :shock:

Most sensible questions I had about the De was...."how fast is it, can I have a drive of it mate, Deloreans, yeah they're shit, did you bring it here for a joke? :evil:

My opinion only....based on experience (allegedly)
@classiccarguru1
Darren C

VIN #: 4532
Spaxed

Postby tourettes tony » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 pm

i might go in drag :D
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby modifiedmadness » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Darren C wrote:Hmmm,

I took the De there last year. Won't be going again. Too may p*ssed 17 year olds, throwing up, driving through camp sites and spectators while p*ssed in dayglow Saxo's & Nova, causing trouble, starting fights and generally being annoying to the locals.
It's an ASBO Chav Fest...STAY CLEAR. :shock:

Most sensible questions I had about the De was...."how fast is it, can I have a drive of it mate, Deloreans, yeah they're shit, did you bring it here for a joke? :evil:

My opinion only....based on experience (allegedly)

The only two fights we had last year amongst the 6511 who attended were amongst the squaddies.
We removed four people off site for driving dangerously in areas they should not have been.

There were also lots of drunk 40 year olds.
We also had lots of muscle cars, high powered japaneese cars, hotrods and motorbikes.
having been to events for many years you will always get the "chav" element at any event.

Its what you make of it we had numerous e-mails, texts and phonecalls from many people who had a great weekend and luckily only a handful of complaints.
Its on an Army barracks and they wont tolerate poor anti social behaviour and neither will we.

No doubt you had plenty of positive comments about your car too as many of those attending were very appreciative of the mix of vehicles from scooters to drag bikes, jap, euro, hotrods and the variety of different vehicles with all mixing to enjoy a good weekend. We had our problems as does any event when you have 6500+ people in attendance.
modifiedmadness

Return to Events and Meet Ups