#FINISHED# - DOC UK Summer Event - Chirk, Wales, 11-13 June

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

#FINISHED# - DOC UK Summer Event - Chirk, Wales, 11-13 June

Postby Birksie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry its a bit short notice, it is already posted on the DOC forum, I forgot to post it up here though. :(
The event will be based around Moreton Park Hotel in Chirk, and the rates are as follows:

Friday Night and/or Saturday night - £45 per person per night, for Bed, Breakfast and 3-course
evening meal. They have 46 rooms - 26 are double/twin rooms, and 20 are the 'large' rooms,
which are 2-storey and have a double room upstairs, plus a downstairs room with sofa-bed.
Cots are available free of charge on request. Children under 12 stay free. Moreton Park Hotel has
a large, secure, carpark, with CCTV and security. On site, they have a large restaurant, bar,
childrens play area and next door is a garden centre. Moreton Park are also linked to a
nearby larger hotel, which has facilities including a swimming pool and sauna. There has been
a lot of interest in this event already, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please
quote "DeLorean Owners Club" when making your booking. The hotel have reserved all 46
rooms for us, but reserve the right to advertise any un booked rooms 1 month prior to the
event.

Here is an outline of the weekend's events that are being considered:

Scenic Drive to the famous Horseshoe Pass, including pausing for lunch at the Ponderosa cafe on the
way that hosts many car clubs, and will reserve a carpark for us over looking the beautiful
valley below.

Trefor Aqueduct - great spot for a photoshoot!

Llangollen Steam Railway - look around the museum and train workshops, or take a ride on a
real steam train!

Chirk Castle - owned by the National Trust - beautiful gardens and a stunning castle to
look around.

We will also be holding 'peoples choice' type competitions, with prize giving on the Saturday night.

We are also looking into one or two very special guest speakers for the Saturday night, details to be
confirmed.

Nearby to Chirk, is a disused RAF airfield, which is popular with car clubs for driving tests and
such like, and we will be looking into the possibility of utilising this for a few hours for some
fun activities.

Here are some web links:

http://www.moretonpark.com/pages/new_si%20...%20lcome.html

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-chirkcastle

http://www.rcahmw.gov.uk/HI/ENG/Heritag%20...%20Aqueducts/

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/

http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/

Everyobdy's welcome.
We look forward to seeing you there!!
VIN#0981 - Chasis number 002
BMW 320ci
Citroen Xara Picasso
Birksie

VIN #: 0981

Re: DOC UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010

Postby bozzzydmc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm

No problem Paul.

Sincerley, I might have come along if this hadnt been arranged so close to the 'EuroTec' event.

Just a thought, perhaps we can talk about any 'main' 2011 events prior to announcing them ? Im sure that would work out better for everybody.

Cheers bud.
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby arranj » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Birksie wrote:Sorry its a bit short notice
eh? :? It's a year away ;)

p.s. I already know the dates of two "main" events in 2011 :mrgreen:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Birksie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:10 pm

LOL :lol:
BMW 320ci
Citroen Xara Picasso
Birksie

Postby Birksie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:26 pm

bozzzydmc wrote:No problem Paul.

Sincerley, I might have come along if this hadnt been arranged so close to the 'EuroTec' event.

Just a thought, perhaps we can talk about any 'main' 2011 events prior to announcing them ? Im sure that would work out better for everybody.

Cheers bud.

The DOC-UK meet in Chrik was actually agreed at the AGM last November, and published in DeLorean News and in the AGM Minutes of December 2008.
Arran posted Eurotec 2010, with a date of a week before the DOC-UK event in May of this year, some 6 months later fella. ;) lol
BMW 320ci
Citroen Xara Picasso
Birksie

Postby arranj » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:38 pm

see my post regarding 2011 ^^^^^^^

In using the word "annual" in the previous year the hint was there. We had in fact already set a date but it was a bit too soon to "announce" it. Plus I actually had some email conversations regarding the "official DOC event", when I suggested September would perhaps be a better month since our Annual event was in June (for the same reasons that I wouldn't organise an event that clashed with the NEC show's normal weekend for example). This (Chirk) event was actually announced in DeLorean News Issue 42 in October 2008, just before the AGM. I think the question is "why was it announced 19 months in advance?!".
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Birksie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:52 pm

Cool. Yep, Sorry about that Arran. Im not on the ball am I? :lol:
BMW 320ci
Citroen Xara Picasso
Birksie