Showing your Whips for the Kids, Black Spax and Jezzie Babe

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Postby Wheeler Dealer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:33 am

MMM.. this isnt easy. This is like doing an ad on Ebay then losing it seconds before you update having spent 45 minutes typing it. Just typed this whole post then lost it so here I go again.

Its taken me 2 years to do a post but here it is......

Next Saturday the something of July is the "Back to The Future" summer fete at Our Lady Of Ransom school Rayleigh Essex. Now I know TT said he would come along with his whip but Jason are you confirmed with "the camel toe car"? If you really cannot bring youself to drive it maybe we could push it down the hill and you could get a cab to save the distress. Also Alastair expressed an interest in coming down but Al wont you be fresh from the Chapel of Love? Can you really afford a D day so close to your wedding day? It would be great to get as many there as poss, good exposure both for the cars and the club.

The bribe from the school is free beer and burgers (plus the joy on the little childrens faces) but I dont think they realise that driving these things requires 100% concentration and even a sniff of alcohol will end in a certain coliision and death. :sick:

The Fete is by far the biggest in the area and last year the main attraction was Lewis Hamiltons fully carbon Fibre F1 whip complete with transporter, security and crew. This year it will be a handfull of stainless clad shite! :oops: (sorry guys but if you put it into context). That said apparently the kids are far more excited this year, primarily as they are all aware of the car from the films and it is "mythical " to them, and also as the cars will be the centre of the "BTTF" theme. :dmcdoors:

Debbie the (the bird organising the shindig) is keen to source some Delorean related goodies ideally T shirts etc. Maria can you supply anything? She is keen to place an order for T shirts and can probably flog some calendars mugs etc. I have her mobile number but I dont think Im allowed to post it up here because of perverts. I dont know how the PM system works but I will give it a try. If not successful Debbies forum I.D on this forum is Lilimae. Maybe you could PM me your number Maria and I will pass it onto her if I can suss it out.

Completely unrelated to the above is a post I read from Jez (Ive only ever known one other Jez and for some bizarre reason everyone knew him as Jezzie Babe) regarding a stretch or road he uses to access Caley Hall (albeit by trailer :lol: ). I used this road this time for the first time courtesy of TomTom (it takes you via Prickwillow) As Jez says it is a real test of a cars suspension fast narrow and ridiculously undulating, it exposed the deficiencies in my 30 year old US stock suspension. I literally bounced along those roads like a stainless Tigger thing, expecting to launch into a ditch at anytime, and it has brought me to the conclusion that I do need to upgrade my suspension. Now I had a conversation at the weekend about Black Spax :spax: . The primary reason for not changing my suspension up to now was the soppy colour of the Spax. Is there a timeframe for these babies yet? Having inspected my suspension once I got home after the bouncing event I noticed that the top mounting rubbers on my shocks are looking pretty ropey anyway possibly only one more MOT or not, and as noticed by Arran on Saturday it is creaking like an old bed. Arran or Alastair as soon as the black ones are available please let me know. I still like my big springs though :D

Anyway back to the original topic if you would like to show your whip for the kids let me know so I can let Debbie at the school know. It is a good little event for the local Ds and only a couple of hours, maybe some nice mums too.....

Mark (Houghton)
Wheeler Dealer

VIN #: 16644

Postby A Van » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:22 am

Nice post Mark! Is that Saturday 10th?
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Re: Showing your Whips for the Kids, Black Spax and Jezzie Babe

Postby Wheeler Dealer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 pm

A Van wrote:Nice post Mark! Is that Saturday 10th?

Alastair its Saturday the 9th. I met them this morning at the school and the local paper (Evening Echo), Did a photoshoot of the D (complete with Outatime plates) with a teacher dressed as Doc Brown and a bunch of kids. The Evening Echo are running a story about the fete due to its novel theme.

The posters and fliers for the fete are really good and all BTTF themed, if I can work out how to do it I will scan and upload one on here. It would be good if you can come and maybe any other Essex boys. Any Ds will be in a roped off area and will be the stars of the show. Its 12 -4.

The school have been trying to buy some BTTF props, A loan of any BTTF props would be most welcome if anyone could help, maybe a hover board or flux capacitor just for display at the entrance. I will pay any carriage costs or arrange collection and delivery if within striking distance. Ive got to hurtle around all the supermarkets and Toys r us etc this week to try and secure a supply of Hot Wheels Ds to donate. Any ideas on anything else I could donate? Last year they had loads of signed Mclaren merchandise. I thought I could forge an M J Fox signature on a DClub Shirt.

The Ds have got to eclipse Hamiltons meagre effort last year. I think they will too. The kids generally ignored the Mclaren last year favouring the bouncy castle and Donut stand from memory, with the dads all fornicating over the Mclaren. The kids used for the photos this morning where genuinely gobsmacked by the D amazed by the doors, (unless they where just chuffed to get out of a lesson for half an hour).

Anyway the more the merrier and any ideas welcome, after all its for charity and so will give you some good Karma, and as all D owners know you need as much good karma as you can get when running a D!

Mark.
Wheeler Dealer

VIN #: 16644

Postby arranj » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Wheeler Dealer wrote:Now I had a conversation at the weekend about Black Spax :spax: . The primary reason for not changing my suspension up to now was the soppy colour of the Spax. Is there a timeframe for these babies yet? Having inspected my suspension once I got home after the bouncing event I noticed that the top mounting rubbers on my shocks are looking pretty ropey anyway possibly only one more MOT or not, and as noticed by Arran on Saturday it is creaking like an old bed. Arran or Alastair as soon as the black ones are available please let me know.

Alistair has spoken to :spax: this morning. Black :spax: are exclusive to DMCH, and are available from them only. I don't think Ed stocks them, but can probably get them. In the USA black :spax: are $650 a set. Yellow :spax: are £360 delivered. Now :spax: will paint them, in any other colour other than black (e.g. grey) - but you're looking at a Pony per pair (on top) for them to do it. So £410, if that is of interest then Alistair will check the price once more with them and the colour.
However, I would recommend what Bozzzy did, which is to paint them black. I would have thought Chris N would have no trouble doing this? - assuming he'd be fitting them too? This is what he did: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=332&start=30

Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:24 pm

As for t shirts and calendars - the club can spare a few - like one or two? - if that is of any use, and I or Maria can give to TT or Jason on Thursday when we see them?
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Its a simple and straight forward job to paint them, probably 2 hours in total

A light sand, masking off of the control knob etc and a single spray tin of black satin paint :)

Heck for a pony send them to me ;)

End of the day you can only really see the yellow Spax at the rear below the spring, next set I get im leaving them as they are ;)
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Return to Events and Meet Ups