Festival at the home of the De Lorean factory- need cars

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Festival at the home of the De Lorean factory- need cars

Postby ma22a » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:23 pm

I am organizing a community festival in Seymour Hill, Dunmurry, Northern Ireland on 15th September 2012. We are celebrating our links with the past in the area. The De Lorean was made by people in the area as the factory was just accross the road from the Estate. Many of the cars were tested around our Estate as there were many tight corners and narrow roads. It would be great if some De Lorean owners could come to show off their car. If you are coming from accross the water why not make a weekend of it and visit our new Titanic attraction and Ulster Folk and Transport Museum where De Lorean is on display. :)

As no one has replied to me :cry: I am wondering how to make this request more visible. There must be someone in Northern Ireland who can help us? PLEASE, PLEASE
ma22a

Re: Festival at the home of the De Lorean factory- need cars

Postby delorean12uk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:40 pm

mate, thanks for the invite, but it's a tough enough drive to Northern Ireland in a normal car, let alone a Delorean, plus you looking at, at least 500 mile round trip and ferry costs, so it's not going to be cheap either.

you would probably be better off talking to a guy called Rob lamrock, he organises the Delorean enthusiasts/owners shows in N Ireland, it might be worth talking to him to maybe come to some mutual time/arrangement where yours and his events coincide for maximum Delorean attendance ???

Rob Lamrock can be contacted via this club.

Best regards
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Re: Festival at the home of the De Lorean factory- need cars

Postby neal » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:29 pm

I worked with a guy called Jimmy Johnson from Seymour Hill. He drove the DMCL Van.

Jimmy is on the far right
Neal Barclay
Former Employee of Delorean Motor Cars Ltd, Dunmurry
clock number 1804

Live the Dream Today, Because I did it yesterday.
The Dream that turned into a Nightmare has now turned into a Dream again.
neal
Former DMC Employee

Return to Events and Meet Ups