Beaulieu Motor Museum Meet 24th February 2013

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Beaulieu Motor Museum Meet 24th February 2013

Postby MikeWard » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Saw this on PH earlier, anyone up for getting a few D's together?

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 013+&mid=0

Hi all. this is the only thread now for the Beaulieu Meet.
So Please read through and all should become clear.

I am arranging an all marques meet to visit the wonderful Beaulieu Estate on the 24th february.
All those taking part will be allowed to park inside the grounds, the parking will be in the arena which is very close to the Museum. The entrance fee has also been reduced from £20pp to £12pp and £7 for children, this is for the Museum, the Palace House and the Abbey.

Beaulieu have also agreed that we can (in small groups) drive up to the Palace House to take photo's of our cars with the house as a backdrop.

I have decided to call this event, "The Beaulieu Pride and Joy" as it doesn't matter if your car is a cheap run about or a massively expensive hyper car, "If You Love IT, Then Bring IT".

I would like this to be a meet where you can see "peoples cars" but also meet "car people". Racing Green are kindly bringing their FFF Tuscan, an E type Jaguar and hopefully a 1969 Tuscan.
Bentley Hampshire are also bringing some of their exquisite cars and I am waiting for confirmation of some other exotics as well.

Auto Glym are also going to be there to give advice on making your car shine, and hopefully giving a demonstration on one lucky persons car.
I will also be having a "Cup" presented to the "Best Presented" Car (so anybody has the chance of winning)and there will be 2nd and 3rd prizes as well being donated by Auto Glym. Beaulieu have kindly donated a ride in one of their own cars and I have managed to get some other great gifts donated, including a Supercar Experience, that will be raffled off to raise money for the Hampshire Air Ambulance service.

To take part, please you put your name on the main calendar (for the car although the entry price is per person) as the museum is still open to the general public, if you have a friend that wants to bring their car, then you can vouch for them, so long as you are booked in but can you please edit the calendar so I can keep an eye on numbers.

I am trying to arrange a meeting point a few miles from the museum so that we can drive down together and arrive in style. Timings are yet to be confirmed.

If you like what you see then please add yourself to the calendar using this link, or through the PistonHeads Home Page

http://www.pistonheads.com/calendar/event.asp?i=33...

Hopefully see you all there

Thank you

Shelly

Hi as promised an update. I wish to confirm that Meridien Modena have just phoned to say that they will also be attending and Multi Championship winning Brookspeed International Motorsport will be bringing some of their Race Cars for us to all see. Still more to confirm so please keep checking for updates.

Shelly

Hi Update number two : SuperVettura have confirmed that they also will be joining us on the day and that they will be bringing a Koenigsegg with them.
Also update on the Raffle Prizes, there is a years subscription to Evo and also Octane Magazine'a kindly donated by Dennis Publishing up for grabs plus T Shirt's of your choice by Pistonheads and just confirmed too that Thuxton Racing have given two tickets for the BTCC race. Hope this is enough for now but carry on checking.

Shelly
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Re: Beaulieu Motor Museum Meet 24th February 2013

Postby Admin-bloke » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

I love the museum but unfortunately it's too much of a trek for this northerner for a one off..
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm

I will be going for sure!

It's about 20 miles from my home town.

:)
Aaron May
Official Club Photographer
Aaron

Postby MikeWard » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Will see you there then Aaron.

Steve Wiggin's and myself will be bringing out D's down (assuming they make it), so there will be some stainless presence.
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

Postby MikeWard » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Got just a few pictures from the event, it was a good day out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc4708/se ... 520142305/

And we just happened to stumble across the actual DeLorean as used by Universal Studio's in the Back To The Future movies ;)

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

Postby A Van » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Used in the films..... And an auto!!!!
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai