Secret cinema meets Back to the Future

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Re: Secret cinema meets Back to the Future

Postby delorean12uk » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm booked in on Saturday 23rd August, I have absolutely no idea whats going on??? I keep getting these strange e-mails as well. Does everyone else who's booked in feel the same, or is it old Jay is missing the whole point???
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby jerzybondov » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:21 am

I'm going on the 28th Aug. Jay I hate to say it but I think you're probably missing the point?!
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:13 am

What you don't know is Jay if the car breaks down you are in the gang responsible to fix it within 12 hours!!!!
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 am

Well they are sending me e-mails about getting an identity of someone in 1955, and whats going on in the Lou's cafe etc etc, but I don't actually know where the venue is held??? I've read these e-mails over and over again, now I know it's secret cinema, do they tell at the last minute where it is??? I found out it's near the olympic stadium in Stratford, but thats all I know, and that was by accident???
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby carl hammond » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 am

We went last week, without giving anything away - it's fantastic! Seriously impressed with the effort the organisers put into the event - this is not simply going along to watch an outdoor screening of BTTF... it is so much more! For all of the initial cock ups and delayed starts, they really have managed to pull off something special here.

For Jay, Gez and anyone else going, here's a few non-spoilery tips, which will help a lot more than the cryptic emails from SC!

So 'Hill Valley' is situated at The Olympic Park, in Stratford. They tell you to go to the meeting point at Hackney Wick Station, but don't bother, unless you want to walk nearly a mile for nothing. as this is done purely for crowd control. If you are driving, I would advise to park at Westfield (car park A or B), or if you are coming in by train/tube just get off at Stratford and walk across the road to the front gates - or failing that follow the people dressed in 50's gear!! Also your time of arrival is irrelevant, you are asked to choose a time slot of either; 5:15pm, 5:30pm or 5:45pm but again, this is only so they can manage the 3,500 people arriving! So even if you don't get there until 7pm, they will still let you in. That said, I would still aim to arrive early, as there is tons to do whilst you're there...

They are super strict on phones being used and whilst you are not frisked they do ask you as you go in, which isn't a problem as it is a safe enough system. If you choose to keep it on you, it must be left switched off or on silent in your pocket, as if you are caught using it inside you WILL be kicked out - there are eyes EVERYWHERE!! This goes for cameras too and although they sell disposable ones inside, you might be better off buying a handful before you go, as they were charging £6 each for these and I heard they sold out one night!

Take plenty of cash with you, there are cash machines inside but they charge you £2.75 for the pleasure! Believe me, there are plenty of things to spend your money on in there! Food and drink is a little on the pricey side (burgers £8 and beer - only Budweiser which is £4). If you are going to eat, do it early - the queues get ridiculous the later it gets!

The film itself doesn't actually start until around 9:00pm (finishes around 11pm), but take a blanket (no need for chairs, the artificial grass is nice and comfy) and claim your spot on the green early on, as again this will fill up fast! The best spot I would say is the bottom left corner, trust me on this... ;)

Jay, the I.D thing isn't necessary, they don't check it at anytime - it's all just for fun! Up to you if you want to get involved and adopt a 1955 persona - I recommend doing it though, it's a lot of fun and I would say the majority of people dressed up - and not just as Marty and Doc! lol :D

Just go along and immerse yourself for 6 hours and I promise you will love it! In fact, I'm strongly considering going again!!
Carlos
#VIN11777 - Middle East. ;)

Dubai Rep
DeLorean Club

DeLorean Club - "Friends with benefits"
carl hammond

VIN #: 11777
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks Carl - TOP tips! Looking forward to it.
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby OllieWilks » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 pm

I might have a couple spare tickets to the coveted Saturday 16th August showing. Please PM if you're interested.

Cheers! :thumbsup:
1981 Restored Black Interior Auto
&
1981 DeLorean Time Machine 2015 edition

http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.backtothefuturedeloreanhire.co.uk
OllieWilks

VIN #: 3928, 3185
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Thanks for posting Carl, that will be a great help for anyone going
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:58 pm

carl hammond wrote:We went last week, without giving anything away - it's fantastic! Seriously impressed with the effort the organisers put into the event - this is not simply going along to watch an outdoor screening of BTTF... it is so much more! For all of the initial cock ups and delayed starts, they really have managed to pull off something special here.

For Jay, Gez and anyone else going, here's a few non-spoilery tips, which will help a lot more than the cryptic emails from SC!

So 'Hill Valley' is situated at The Olympic Park, in Stratford. They tell you to go to the meeting point at Hackney Wick Station, but don't bother, unless you want to walk nearly a mile for nothing. as this is done purely for crowd control. If you are driving, I would advise to park at Westfield (car park A or B), or if you are coming in by train/tube just get off at Stratford and walk across the road to the front gates - or failing that follow the people dressed in 50's gear!! Also your time of arrival is irrelevant, you are asked to choose a time slot of either; 5:15pm, 5:30pm or 5:45pm but again, this is only so they can manage the 3,500 people arriving! So even if you don't get there until 7pm, they will still let you in. That said, I would still aim to arrive early, as there is tons to do whilst you're there...

They are super strict on phones being used and whilst you are not frisked they do ask you as you go in, which isn't a problem as it is a safe enough system. If you choose to keep it on you, it must be left switched off or on silent in your pocket, as if you are caught using it inside you WILL be kicked out - there are eyes EVERYWHERE!! This goes for cameras too and although they sell disposable ones inside, you might be better off buying a handful before you go, as they were charging £6 each for these and I heard they sold out one night!

Take plenty of cash with you, there are cash machines inside but they charge you £2.75 for the pleasure! Believe me, there are plenty of things to spend your money on in there! Food and drink is a little on the pricey side (burgers £8 and beer - only Budweiser which is £4). If you are going to eat, do it early - the queues get ridiculous the later it gets!

The film itself doesn't actually start until around 9:00pm (finishes around 11pm), but take a blanket (no need for chairs, the artificial grass is nice and comfy) and claim your spot on the green early on, as again this will fill up fast! The best spot I would say is the bottom left corner, trust me on this... ;)

Jay, the I.D thing isn't necessary, they don't check it at anytime - it's all just for fun! Up to you if you want to get involved and adopt a 1955 persona - I recommend doing it though, it's a lot of fun and I would say the majority of people dressed up - and not just as Marty and Doc! lol :D

Just go along and immerse yourself for 6 hours and I promise you will love it! In fact, I'm strongly considering going again!!

Cheers for the insight Carl, much appreciated!!! I still haven't heard a thing at the moment from them with regards to location, and we are going this coming Saturday????, if it wasn't for you telling me where it was I would pretty much be up sh!t creek without a paddle, as i am starting to get concerned. Will they let you take in your own snacks like cartons of drink, chocolate bars and bags of crisps???? Also with regards to weather, I was wondering if they would let me in with one of those half dome tent things you take to the beach, or do you reckon thats abit OTT???

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

PreviousNext

Return to Events and Meet Ups