Here it is then, may I present"MarchTec 2016"
All friends of the club are welcome - owners and non-owners alike - this is all about socialising and meeting new faces (For the next EuroTec (big event) in July 2016 please click here
. For pictures of our previous events please click here
As with the highly successful sell-out EuroTec events in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 ,2011 2012 and 2015, not to mention the other so-called "mini-meets" this will be based in the pretty county of Norfolk, still at the "new" location, close to the Royal Family's home at Sandringham. This is the same location as the recent "OctoberTec" meet-up. This weekend is Friday 18 + Saturday 19 March 2016
The hotel is http://ffolkes-arms-hotel.co.uk/
. Accommodation is not exactly 5 star, but it's quiet, and has a huge tarmac car park. There are 20 rooms in total. This event always fills up....!Follow this event on Facebook!:
For this meet, rather than the 30-car summer events, the focus here is on socialising (the car park will be a bit too cold!). If you've never been before don't be scared! Many people who come to these meet-ups only know one or two others (or less). This is a good way to meet up with like minded people and swap tips. For non-owners there will be more time to ask questions, look around the cars, etc.
- Arrive Friday from 14:00 onwards
- Socialise, congratulate those who've braved the cold/snow in their DeLoreans
- £15 dinner 7:45pm
- Beer etc. (a late bar has been arranged)
- Saturday - Breakfast (included)
- Hang around car park kicking tyres, etc.
- 13:00 Lunch at "Arbuckles" near Downham Market
- Leisurely drive out / exploration (mixture of cars)
- Fancy Dress night - "Chav" themed....!
- £15 Buffet style dinner 7:45pm
- Beer etc. (a late bar has been arranged)
- Karaoke/Disco man has been booked
- Sunday - Breakfast (included)
- Go homeRoom prices including breakfast:
Single: £40 per night
Double/Twin: £60 per ROOM per night (£30 per person per night)
Family of 3: £75 per ROOM per night
Family of 4: £85 per ROOM per nightFood prices:
Friday night - £15
Saturday lunch - up to you
Saturday night - £15
So a typical couple staying for 2 nights can expect to pay under £100 each total including all 5 meals (plus drinks). Yes I know it's cheap!
If you would like to come along for just the day on Saturday only then you're more than welcome - you'll just have to pay for lunch if you want it.
If you would like to come along for either evening meal without staying then it would be £15 per person for either night. Please just mention it in this thread if you are going to come along for either day (without staying), or if you have any other questions. If you'd rather not post here
then click here to send a message to Arran now
.Book Now!: (main hotel full on Saturday night)
To book, and I can't emphasise enough the importance of doing this soon since there are only a few rooms, you need to pay a deposit of the first night's accommodation via these links. Please note that the cancellation policy is pretty strict. If you don't cancel by 7 days before then you must pay in full. And even if you cancel before then the deposit is non-refundable. But if it comes to that let me know and we'll see if we can sell your room to someone on the waiting list.
Also don't forget to book the July 2016 event too! - see the separate thread.
When you click the link remember to choose the number of nights (on the next page) - although I expect everyone will be in for both the Friday and Saturday nights.
Final payment is taken on departure.Click here to BOOK NOW
for a Single Room for 1 personClick here to BOOK NOW
for a Double Room for 2 peopleClick here to BOOK NOW
for a Twin Bedded Room for 2 peopleClick here to BOOK NOW
for a Family Room for 3 peopleClick here to BOOK NOW
for a Family Room for 4 people
For now we're only taking bookings online (not by phone). If you really can't book online then let me know and I'll explain what to do, but it's complicated.Overflow Hotels:
The "official" second hotel is http://www.abacushotels.co.uk/knights-h ... l-and-spa/
- located 3 miles away, on the same road. Nearer the time, when we have an idea of numbers we will arrange FREE late-night transport (if needed) for those who wish to have a drink on both nights.
Obviously you'll want to join us for dinner at the hotel on both nights, will just be a case of paying £30 total per person for the two evening meals on Friday/Saturday - you'll do this on the day at the hotel. So all you need to do is book your room, then let me know on here or by PM/email and I will add you to the list. If you wish to have breakfast at the "main" hotel then again just let me know, it won't be a lot of money, i'll sort out a low price.
This link seems to be the easiest way of booking the hotel. There is no deposit to pay, and you can cancel up to 1 day before: http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/knights ... en-gb.html
- this hotel is where all the "overflow lot" stayed in our June event.
If you want to be nearer, both of these B&Bs are walkable:http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/linden- ... en-gb.html
(1 room left)http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/willow- ... en-gb.html
(3 rooms left, longer walk)
The 4th (and cheapest) option is the Premier Inn in King's Lynn: http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/KINFRE/kings-lynn
- current price £37 per night per room. 9 miles away. If we get more than 1 room's worth of people here we will lay on FREE late night (1 way) taxis too (someone will pick you up in the morning, hopefully!). Basically you'd just dump your stuff, come to the main hotel, leave your car with us, get the FREE taxi at night, then one of us will reunite you with your car each morning.
Any questions please ask!