#FINISHED# - EuroTec 2010 Suggestions

Planned Meet ups, events, car shows, tech meets etc

Evening Entertainment / Noise?

Background music is fine both nights. I am here for the conversation
48%
DJ Glen's loud disco on Saturday night in the bar. If people want peace they can go to bed/the restaurant/outside
10%
Background music (same as above)/ but Nintendo Wii as well
3%
Live Band (loud) in the bar - I am happy to pay £10 for this
38%

Total votes : 29

Re: EuroTec 2010 Suggestions

Postby arranj » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm

J - this seems like a very well thought out and well written post - are you sure it's really you?! :? :lol:

It's going to be very difficult to make everyone pay. and nigh on impossible to raise £500 - if indeed that was what was needed. But you never know - there are plenty of other ways we could raise money a bit, and I am happy to help out as always - the only other issue is some more funds may also be needed for some other ideas people may or may not have, so that could be a factor too.

I have made no secret of my vote for "background music only" - my only reasoning for this is basically down to space, and weather. In 2008 I'm sure we can all remember freezing our asses off sat outside because it was too loud inside to talk. So I would guess that if we were to go down the "music" route we would need a happy balance of quiet and loud times, or a lot of luck with the weather/temperature. The other thing to consider - if we are talking £500 - is - is that the best use of £500?

You make a very good point about the "global audience" too. Last year we went up to nearly 40 cars and 100 people, and I think certainly this year could well beat that (if I can get them all in!).

Also - does anyone (at all!) have any comments on what the point of Saturday afternoon/early evening is about? I know that this year only half the cars actually ventured out - is that because the rest were broken? Or are people happy staying in? :?
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Suz Haldeman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Arran - this seems like a very well thought out and well written post - are you sure it's really you?! :lol:

Soooo....who's gonna be our live band?? And like I said before....I've never been to the U.K. so I'm up for anything. I've actually never been to your Caley Hall. This will be my first time to EuroTec ever. I think this will be very interesting. :D ....but do stay stocked-up on your finest beer.
Attachments
n12435160_44755881_1806.jpg
n12435160_44755881_1806.jpg (27.31 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
U.S.A. Rep and parts delivery assistant
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Suz Haldeman
DWAG

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Suz Haldeman wrote: ....but do stay stocked-up on your finest beer.

DAWG's like it big?
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Sally Bram » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:42 pm

delorean12uk wrote:
arranj wrote:Good site TT. But confirms what I thought - i.e. at least £500!!!

I'll leave it to Dan to explain what we could do (10 times) with £500...! :lol:

I saw the poll for members who have voted, with regards to evening entertainment, and it looks like a draw, so what are we doing??? put it this way, if someone made a decision and said YES we are going to have a band, regardless how members voted would everyone attending be made to pay the extra tenner regardless??? The reason I am really up for a live band, is because this weekend meet has got bigger and better every year since it started, and especially next year we have some of our transatlantic cousins coming over, so the show is only going to get bigger and better from now on. You never know, in a few years time it might be a annual weekend that is recognised by Delorean owners globally!!! and maybe we should have the entertainment to support that.

Jay I prefer your lyrics anytime :lol: with support from Al, Tom, Tony and Tyson we have our own band
Official French Liason
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Sally Bram
DWAG

Postby turkish » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Sally Bram wrote:
delorean12uk wrote:
arranj wrote:Good site TT. But confirms what I thought - i.e. at least £500!!!

I'll leave it to Dan to explain what we could do (10 times) with £500...! :lol:

I saw the poll for members who have voted, with regards to evening entertainment, and it looks like a draw, so what are we doing??? put it this way, if someone made a decision and said YES we are going to have a band, regardless how members voted would everyone attending be made to pay the extra tenner regardless??? The reason I am really up for a live band, is because this weekend meet has got bigger and better every year since it started, and especially next year we have some of our transatlantic cousins coming over, so the show is only going to get bigger and better from now on. You never know, in a few years time it might be a annual weekend that is recognised by Delorean owners globally!!! and maybe we should have the entertainment to support that.

Jay I prefer your lyrics anytime :lol: with support from Al, Tom, Tony and Tyson we have our own band

Sally I am with you !
Maria x x x
DCUK ! :0)
turkish
DWAG

Postby arranj » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:06 pm

OK - so we're releasing an album then??! :mrgreen:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 pm

sorted then, we'll do our own sing-a-long, if Tony brings his guitar again we could do another rendition of 'I wanna f@#k you in the arse'. actually, this is not to far from the truth, as most weekends tony pop's round for a cuppa tea and a fag, we were actually talking about doing 'mustang sally', and you could probably guess who the alternative lyrics we come up with are about :lol:
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby arranj » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 pm

hahaha!

Well it IS still pretty close J, so it's not over yet. Plenty to talk about in 10 days though. Remember also that there IS the restaurant perhaps available too - as a quiet area, but not too sure how practical this idea is.... :?

Drive out - anyone?!

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby hana 5284 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19 pm

turkish wrote:Well dont forget I am still toying with the idea of booking this for Tys
http://www.kissa-gram.co.uk/forhim/lucykaty.jpg
Will that interfer ? !

no arran i want this so shut your mouth
http://www.kissa-gram.co.uk/forhim/lucykaty.jpg
EuroTec Head of Transportation / Official Crane Operator
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club

hana 5284

VIN #: Vin 6367
Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:29 pm

I've been looking at http://www.hunstanton-info.com/attract.htm to see what activities happen around Hunstandon.

It looks like a 10-Pin bowling competiton could be order of the day, that appears to be the most exciting activity in Hunstanton.

Perhaps we could book all lanes for a Eutorec King Pin bowling competition?

James RG
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to Events and Meet Ups