HUGE store of parts here NOW in the UK for next day delivery

Post your DeLorean Parts for sale here - all welcome!

Re: HUGE store of parts here NOW in the UK for next day deli

Postby jwrayth » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:37 pm

I rebuilt my brakes two years ago, and as Mike says I had an extended discussion with EBC over pad options. Paraphrasing, but the conversation was pretty much;

- Green Stuff is for fast driving/heavy braking, generates little dust. Not worth it on a DeLorean unless you are pushing a lot of power over stock.
- Red Stuff is for high performance cars street cars and similarly DeLorean probably never pushes enough power to get maximum use.
- Yellow Stuff is for street / occasional track use/spirited driving. Superior cold braking, and designed for cars in the power range of the DeLorean

They were surprisingly familiar with the DeLorean and potential power-train upgrades, and since I was stock they suggested stick with yellowstuff and I've been very happy. Upgraded to Ed's vented discs earlier in the year but then my water pump went so I've done about 30 miles with them total.
jwrayth

VIN #: 4494
Spaxed

Postby Rissy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm running around with RED STUFF on the front and GREEN STUFF on the back. Don't have anything to compare it against. Always been there since i bought the car. 7yrs now.
Rissy
Chris M. Morionem qui loquitur multus sine cogitatione.

May 1981 vin#1458
"LEX" - Officially used in Britain's Greatest Machines (80's episode) with Chris Barrie.
Grey Wheels
Grooved, flapped Bonnet
Black Leather Interior
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):

2005 BMW M3 E46 Shape 3.246 Straight Six in Velvet Blue
1999 Honda Civic MB6 Shape 1.8VTi VTEC in Pirates Black
Rissy

VIN #: 01458

Postby drdelorean » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Nice! Thanks everyone for your input, Looks like I will get a set of yellowstuff all around the car then :D
Proud owner of VIN 10625 Grey 1982, Stage 2 upgrade, eibach suspension, 3200 miles
drdelorean

VIN #: 10625

Postby A Van » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm

jwrayth wrote:I rebuilt my brakes two years ago, and as Mike says I had an extended discussion with EBC over pad options. Paraphrasing, but the conversation was pretty much;

- Green Stuff is for fast driving/heavy braking, generates little dust. Not worth it on a DeLorean unless you are pushing a lot of power over stock.
- Red Stuff is for high performance cars street cars and similarly DeLorean probably never pushes enough power to get maximum use.
- Yellow Stuff is for street / occasional track use/spirited driving. Superior cold braking, and designed for cars in the power range of the DeLorean

They were surprisingly familiar with the DeLorean and potential power-train upgrades, and since I was stock they suggested stick with yellowstuff and I've been very happy. Upgraded to Ed's vented discs earlier in the year but then my water pump went so I've done about 30 miles with them total.

Thanks for resharing that info again
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van