DeClock dashboard clock replacement

Post your DeLorean Parts for sale here - all welcome!

Re: DeClock dashboard clock replacement

Postby jwrayth » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Tonight's update; More bad luck for me. Two of the pins came out the OEM connector fine, but the others are stuck good and all I'm doing is distorting either the pins or the connector. Had to stop as seeing the OEM clock slowly getting more and more damaged is just disheartening :(

Consider this another call for future runs to have their own enclosure to avoid all this potential damage to the OEM unit.
jwrayth

VIN #: 4494
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:57 pm

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about the connector and the pins. Just cut them off close to the connector to keep the maximum wiring. New pins and connectors are readily available (i can send you a set).
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby jwrayth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:47 pm

I'll take you up on that offer and cut the buggers tonight :D Unfortunately I still won't have time to fit it back into the car, but at least I'll get the new clock and lens mounted into the shifter surround and ready to install on Sunday.
jwrayth

Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:26 pm

jwrayth wrote:I'll take you up on that offer and cut the buggers tonight :D Unfortunately I still won't have time to fit it back into the car, but at least I'll get the new clock and lens mounted into the shifter surround and ready to install on Sunday.

Good luck, contact me directly when you decide you need a new connector. I know I have some pins, but I don't think I have connector housings left right now. I'll get a few spares when I have more things to order from that shop.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Postby jwrayth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:07 pm

New problem; clock wiring doesn't fit between housing and lens. Picture attached of the tight fit.

I could force it on, but it would damage the wiring.
Attachments
IMG_20141109_150344.jpg
IMG_20141109_150344.jpg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 3796 times
jwrayth

Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:21 pm

I say it should fit. The wires should bend flush with the shifter plate (referring to your photo, they should bend towards you). The wires are flexible enough to nudge them in place. What I'm seeing on the picture is that the lens is not well seated in the housing on the right side.

If you still have issues, please PM or Email me.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 am

In the end, me and JWrath here concluded that it would be best for him if he just returned the clock to me.

I stopped making these clocks because they took a huge amount of time and energy. Making a product like this isn't just slamming together a couple of parts with a soldering iron. There's loads of engineering, planning, designing, parts sourcing. In an attempt to bring the best clock money could buy I took the high road which had me barely break even. People who talked to me on the last EuroTec 2015 event will realise how hard it must have been for me.

I had one demo clock with me for demonstration but the weather wasn't good enough to install it.

If I had the energy I'd do another batch straight away because I feel it is a good and solid product.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Previous

Return to DeLorean Parts for Sale