Left and Right Front Fenders - Brand New...!

Post your DeLorean Parts for sale here - all welcome!

Left and Right Front Fenders - Brand New...!

Postby arranj » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:04 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252358978650

Recently the subject of a trademark dispute with the "other" DeLorean company, a new company has sprung up in Stockport called DeLorean Motor Company. They claim to be making both left and right front fenders - brand new - for £300 each side. Apparently available in 2017, but with a £50 deposit taken now...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252358978650

Newly remanufactured De Lorean® front wings / fenders now available to order. Both Left and Right sides are available and made to exacting original equipment standards in stainless steel.

These will be manufactured once enough orders are received. We request that you pay a deposit of £50 today towards the full price of £300, with the balance requested from you prior to shipment. We will send you an invoice. Shipping will be free.

Please note these items can only be shipped to UK addresses at this time so if you live outside the UK you will have to make your own arrangements from a UK shipping point.

We expect that these items will be made and shipped to you by year end 2016 or early 2017 so please don't bid if you need this part urgently.

By paying £50 it entitles you to one of these parts should demand be sufficient to make them. We will notify you of progress towards their availability and request payment of the balance at that time. If for any reason we are not able to fulfil this order we will refund the deposit to you promptly.

Finally, once you have paid your deposit (Paypal only) please send us a message stating whether you want a Left or Right Side item (i.e. as if sat looking forward from the driver's seat -regardless of whether the car is RHD or LHD spec).

Many thanks in advance for your custom.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Re: Left and Right Front Fenders - Brand New...!

Postby Slammer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Very interesting, but to good to be true?? No shipping outside UK, sounds strange.
Slammer

VIN #: 06201

Postby A Van » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Load of rubbish.... Won't see them making anything
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm

I'd be very interested where they found the mould for the left one :lol:

Shipping - obviously someone new to mail order. Traditionally this type of part is specifically mentioned in most courier's T&Cs as being "prohibited" - simply a case of being a bit creative with your perception of what the item could be described as....
If it was really real though, I'd imagine the likes of Josh and Ed buying a load.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby MikeWard » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Sounds legit.

Would have thought they would have posted this up on every Delorean forum going if it were real.
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
MikeWard

VIN #: 04708

Postby arranj » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Here is the trademark dispute, which I understand is still ongoing: https://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-challenge-deci ... o32015.pdf - I suppose it's possible that this is a fictional listing to try and prove they intend on using the trademark so they keep it

This is their website: http://www.hillmanmotors.co.uk

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:02 am

arranj wrote:I'd be very interested where they found the mould for the left one :lol:

The original die sets were sunk in the Dunmurry river according to one of the books I've read to weigh down fishing nets, Mrs Thatcher wanted to make sure the car would never be built again. To make new die sets, even black tooling which are aluminium ones would cost 10's of thousands of pounds.
sounds a bit fishy to me. If we all club together and put a few quid in each we could buy a set, if they are good we can put them in club spares, if it's bogus we haven't lost anything!!!
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby delorean12uk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:15 am

Nothing to do with Martin is it??? Maybe borrowed one of Mr Dysons CNC machines whilst he's popped off to a board meeting in china???
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby arranj » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 am

The guy's name is Hassan Webb. Business partner is Karim Webb.

Actually another good point is that this £50 deposit you pay is not protected at all. You give your £50 to Hassan Webb, who says he will refund it if they end up not making them in 2017.
Problem is PayPal protection only lasts 45 days, then you're S.O.L. forcing a refund.

I once lost £300 in exactly this way with a pre-ordered item, where I bought something on Ebay 50 days before it was released. Once 45 days had passed the seller was under no obligation to give me the money or the item, so he didn't! Don't just take my word for it - lots of horror stories out there!: https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments ... der_items/

Moral of the story - be careful! The listing is actually a contravention of Ebay and PayPal rules anyway.

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby dmc4087 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:16 pm

If you are looking to toss away 50 quid, this is one way of doing just that.
dmc4087

VIN #: 04087
Spaxed

Next

Return to DeLorean Parts for Sale