01955 - Melbourne, Australia

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: 01955 - Melbourne, Australia

Postby Domi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Congratulation on your purchase, DeLorean looks really nice with polished wheels :P
Domi Vin#16951
Domi

VIN #: 16951
Spaxed

Postby SIMid » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks everyone. :)

Yes! The front needs to be dropped badly, heaps of comments from friends saying that she needs to lose the height. So thinking of resetting the springs as temp then look into other options later.

I was actually looking for a manual, but this Auto was too good not to pass. She's a cruiser, so auto was a perfect choice :)

In Melbourne, if your car is LHD and 30+ years old, no conversion required. She went for road test today as to apply for registration. Been told from the assessment that she needs new tyres all round (tyres were cracked between the threads), new brakelines and headlights converted to RHD and rewiring the indicators to match.
SIMid

VIN #: 01955

Postby jamesrguk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:54 am

SIMid wrote:Thanks everyone. :)

Yes! The front needs to be dropped badly, heaps of comments from friends saying that she needs to lose the height. So thinking of resetting the springs as temp then look into other options later.

I was actually looking for a manual, but this Auto was too good not to pass. She's a cruiser, so auto was a perfect choice :)

In Melbourne, if your car is LHD and 30+ years old, no conversion required. She went for road test today as to apply for registration. Been told from the assessment that she needs new tyres all round (tyres were cracked between the threads), new brakelines and headlights converted to RHD and rewiring the indicators to match.

Good choice on the auto, by far the best option in my unbiased 11years of auto delorean ownership opinion :D
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:14 pm

jamesrguk wrote:
SIMid wrote:Thanks everyone. :)

Good choice on the auto, by far the best option in my unbiased 11years of auto delorean ownership opinion :D

Definately :D
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Admin-bloke wrote:
jamesrguk wrote:Good choice on the auto, by far the best option in my unbiased 11years of auto delorean ownership opinion :D

Definately :D

I must disagree here, but then I have never driven an automatic D.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:50 pm

RobvdVeer wrote:I must disagree here, but then I have never driven an automatic D.

+1 :D
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 pm

I actually miss driving the auto ..
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby jamesrguk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:39 pm

jerzybondov wrote:
RobvdVeer wrote:I must disagree here, but then I have never driven an automatic D.

+1 :D

I've driven both and love both, I just happen to have an auto, I wouldn't swap it for a manual
but I would certainly have a manual D as well is finances allowed

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby tourettes tony » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Auto's easy to drive absolute murder on your wallet when they go wrong :shock: up the UN1 :D
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby SIMid » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 am

I've always had manual cars so this one was definately a breaker to all my purchases previously. But having driven her a fair bit now, she actually pulls away really well and fairly torquey engine to boot (cant match my tuned Astra Turbo). But having a car that makes traffic and people stop, I am better off driving an Auto so I can really watch everyone around me who's not watching the road! :lol:

As for updates, she failed the RWC Assessment (like yr MOT) last Saturday. :x I thought she would cruise through, but seems like my Mechanic is super dilegent on several things.

Headlights have to be converted, even for Club Permit Registration (others havent previously on this rego). So new RHD headlights with built in parkers and amber front and side front to be disconnected. Side light will need to flash. Shame, I really wanted her to keep the side lights on at night.

All tyres have hairline cracks between the threads, so new rubber required all round. Ordered them, going on tomorrow.

New front brake lines to be replaced. He's going to come to my place, rip off the old ones and get new ones made up and replace them.

Nothing terminal, but I think the headlights might give a little grief. Got an Autoelect friend who's going to replace them and do the wiring though, yay! :D Question is, can you remove the low beams without having to take off the front bumper off? I have read that if the bumper has not been removed at all for many, many years, there's the likelyhood that the bolts may snap.
SIMid

VIN #: 01955

PreviousNext

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans