VIN 12306 'Auryn' : RHD twin turbo rebuild

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: VIN 12306 'Auryn' : RHD twin turbo rebuild

Postby Starglider » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:41 am

A Van wrote:I would change the radiator for a new modern one 3 row, in fact that would be one of the top things in my list.

Ok, will look at that, thanks.

Have you got new TABS going in? And refurbed steering rack? What balljoints have you got

Chris N is rebuilding the steering for the RHD conversion, haven't discussed the suspension yet.

Change the coolant bottle if it's original and you will need a rebuilt or new central locking module

Already ordered the stainless bottle and the DeLorean Northwest central locking / remote start package.

Also door lock solenoids may need rewinding, and don't forget the window motors, If still original they will fail makes sense to fit new "while your in there"

Heh I suggested that but I get the impression Chris doesn't want to take the doors apart unless absolutely necessary.
Starglider

VIN #: 12306

Postby A Van » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 am

I would change the TABs without question, also if you go with stock engine get a freeflow exhaust
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:14 pm

delorean12uk wrote:
12306 was a number I came up with, Chris ask me to make some vin plates up for when we were making up cars from bits of old crap we found in the back of his workshop. I know we've had this conversation in the past, before anybody say's it's 'Ringing', I know, do I look as if I care???

:thumbsup: :D
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby delorean12uk » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:52 pm

A Van wrote:Hi Starglider, take delorean12uk post with a big pinch of salt!

Have you upgraded the radiator?

I chose that number, 12306 because they are sally's bust dimensions...................in mm's of course. It just seemed apt that we should ring a car after her!!!

I know of somebody else in another country rebuilding cars from parts, so why can't we??? admittedly our parts are discarded ones, but i know Chris will work his magic and make it look good!!!
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby tourettes tony » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 pm

That's a really good idea mr Monkster but I think we should take over the old Lada factory but build a good car this time . Make it 50/50 weight distribution rather than 10/90 which it feels like ;) I mean who honestly would make anyone hang the engine over the rear axle so they can fit a set of golf clubs in. Only a complete genius would think of that TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby RobvdVeer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Now i dont play golf myself, but has anybody tried the handling with a set of clubs in place?
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Starglider » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 am

Started a conversation with Josh from DPI on this build, don't know if it's feasible yet, but haven't given up hope on the turbo.
Starglider

Postby delorean12uk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:25 pm

tourettes tony wrote:That's a really good idea mr Monkster but I think we should take over the old Lada factory but build a good car this time . Make it 50/50 weight distribution rather than 10/90 which it feels like ;) I mean who honestly would make anyone hang the engine over the rear axle so they can fit a set of golf clubs in. Only a complete genius would think of that TT

Tone, do I detect a hint of facetiousness??? I have been present and witnessed, with Mr Spratt, and Claudia when Aunt Kathy was live on stage at DCS Vegas, and told us that her father was in fact a genius. When she actually said this I was in mid gulp of my delicious American beer that I was drinking at the time, and nearly choked!!! after the seminar I inquired as to where she might have purchased her Rose tinted glasses!!!
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby Starglider » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Ok so this is coming along, just ordered the Spax shocks + Eibach springs + sway bar, three-row copper/brass rad with the sillicon hoses, some more electronic stuff (replacements for relays, PWM dimmer module so the LED dome lights dim properly), lots more little stainless steel bits (e.g. bonnet hinges, coil cover), some gratuitous toys (e.g. front + rear ultrasonic parking things). Considered galvanising the frame but the build is already pretty complicated, can always do that later, or maybe wait to see if someone makes a viable stainless frame. Car is starting to come together in Chris N's workshop; I think he even managed to get hold of the early style dash clock (love that stereotypically early 80s look).

Main thing that's missing is brakes, should probably use something better than stock them given the turbo engine. Was sorely tempted by Martin G's larger wheels, but IMHO they're just a bit too big to look credible as 80s wheels (even late 80s). Shame Welmoed's wheel project hasn't gone ahead, that spec looked ideal.
Starglider

Postby tourettes tony » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Don't go silly with upgrading the brakes as you won't stop any quicker :( just don't want you throwing away hundreds for nothing TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

PreviousNext

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans