VIN 1780

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: VIN 1780

Postby DMCNI » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:55 am

I tinkered about with the car this evening starting with the fuel tank. The old fuel pump boot had disintegrated into the fuel tank and its contents lay stuck to the bottom so I had to remove it...

The item below was floating about the tank...its a filter of some sort however there were the remains of gauze so its knackered whatever it is...can this be replaced ? If so where does it go?

I also started wire brushing the frame as well which I will finish off tomorrow.

And I got rid of my rocket launchers

DMCNI

VIN #: 1780

Postby DMCNI » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 am

DMCNI wrote:I tinkered about with the car this evening starting with the fuel tank. The old fuel pump boot had disintegrated into the fuel tank and its contents lay stuck to the bottom so I had to remove it...

The item below was floating about the tank...its a filter of some sort however there were the remains of gauze so its knackered whatever it is...can this be replaced ? If so where does it go?

I also started wire brushing the frame as well which I will finish off tomorrow.

And I got rid of my rocket launchers

DMCNI

Postby andyd » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Its the pick up filter. Item 76 on this page. Part No 101643. 20 Euro from DMC Europe. Add it to your shopping list! I think you'll probably want to replace most rubber parts on that page?

tank.png
tank.png (71.93 KiB) Viewed 2748 times

cheers, andy

ps. Do you have a manual??
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby arranj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Which we have in stock. Sent one out to someone else today :) - viewtopic.php?t=2486
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

VIN 1780

Postby DMCNI » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:15 am

Well I am finally getting sometime to post on the net...I got most of the tasks completed this week.

Frame and surrounding areas wire brushed as best I can without doing a full stripdown of suspension components etc.

Cleaned the fuel tank out as best I can, will give it a final going over this weekend ensuring its cleaned out proper.

I got the front brake calipers off and they have been rebuilt...a bit of a team effort between myself Thomas and his friend Eamon....I am learning/practicing as I go along with the DMC

The rear calipers proved to be a tad troublesome....no matter what I did I couldnt get the nuts to budge. Thomas and Eamon popped over on Sunday and managed to get one of the calipers off...The rear passenger Caliper has still to come off as the lower bolt wont budge...looks like I might have to take a bit of heat to it.

Also managed to source some new track rod ends and ball joints from the Euotec site :) . I also got some stainless steel fuel lines during the week.

I am off work next week and the plans are to get the brake discs off, maybe see about stripping some of the components under the car off for repainting/replacing....and order that wee filter :)
DMCNI

Previous

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans