VIN 3695 - Dutch Rob's Car

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

VIN 3695 - Dutch Rob's Car

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi,

My name is Rob from the Netherlands and me and my D have been silent for about 4 years now. Time to reintroduce myself.

Since I bought the car in 1999 from a fellow dutchman I been in love with the car. Because I did not have access to a garage and sufficient funds for upkeep, I chose to store the D instead of selling it. It just sat in storage for a little over 3 years. It's been 6 months since I moved to a new house (with garage!) and since then I've been working on getting the D back to working order. The state of the car was remarkably good considering all that time. Next to the clutch master cylinder and the completely wrecked tires there was little that actually broke down. I guess it was stored pretty well.

I hope to be part of this good club of fellas and fellow-owners by "coining my 2 cents" once in a while (some technical, some just plain smart-ass remarks). I hope to put up some pictures of the car and the modifications so everybody can shoot or shout at it.

I suppose it'll take me at least another week before I am confident enough to take it out for MOT testing (APK as we call it here), so I'm basically done! (yeah!).
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Re: Re-introducting me and VIN 3695

Postby tourettes tony » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm

welcome rob looking forward to seeing your car TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby bozzzydmc » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Hello Rob

Welcome !

Great to see you on here and we look forward to seeing / hearing more about your car !

(Hope you dont mind but Ive moved your post into 'Members Cars' just so we can find you again in the future :) )

Regards

Mike

RobvdVeer wrote:Hi,

My name is Rob from the Netherlands and me and my D have been silent for about 4 years now. Time to reintroduce myself.

Since I bought the car in 1999 from a fellow dutchman I been in love with the car. Because I did not have access to a garage and sufficient funds for upkeep, I chose to store the D instead of selling it. It just sat in storage for a little over 3 years. It's been 6 months since I moved to a new house (with garage!) and since then I've been working on getting the D back to working order. The state of the car was remarkably good considering all that time. Next to the clutch master cylinder and the completely wrecked tires there was little that actually broke down. I guess it was stored pretty well.

I hope to be part of this good club of fellas and fellow-owners by "coining my 2 cents" once in a while (some technical, some just plain smart-ass remarks). I hope to put up some pictures of the car and the modifications so everybody can shoot or shout at it.

I suppose it'll take me at least another week before I am confident enough to take it out for MOT testing (APK as we call it here), so I'm basically done! (yeah!).
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby A Van » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi Rob

Welcome!, look forward to you coining your two cents!

Al
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Welkom op ons forum!
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby bandit » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Welcome aboard!
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi Rob! Yes - good to see you on here, and we would love to see some pictures! :mrgreen:
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 pm

It feels very good to get such a nice welcome from all you guys!

New Pictures will be coming up real soon. Let me please you first with some complimentary goo.
Attachments
Remmen DeloreanEurope 008.jpg
Goo.
Remmen DeloreanEurope 008.jpg (117.78 KiB) Viewed 10490 times
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Meanwhile, here's a list of things I did after I took it out of storage:

• Installed a new maintenance-free battery
  • Removed old leaky clutch master cylinder. Rebuild with new seals. Bled the clutch on the slave.(Parts Ed)
  • New tires front and rear, Kumho 225 / 195. Ordered at Profile Tyre Center Rijswijk.
  • Rebuild brake calipers front and rear. Cleaned and refurbished pistons and calipers. New piston seals all around. New brake pads, pins and anti squeal plates (front only). While removing the rear left-side caliper I broke a brake line so I put in a new one for that as well. (Parts Ed)
  • Installed a circuit breaker switch to disconnect the battery and save it from draining. (Thanks Dad! He had spare)
  • Installed a new rear interior light fitting because it kept falling out. (Parts Ed)
  • New inner door seals left and right. (Parts Ed)
  • Rebuild hand brakes, left and right. No new pads needed. Still needs final adjustment.
  • Installed new fan fail fix. This is now a 4-wire split with 25 Amp fuses to the fans and a connection to the fan fail light that now indicates if the fans are powered
  • Changed most of the light bulbs in the binnacle (Parts Ed)
  • Greased the angle drive and speedometer cables.
  • Glued existing roof seals (needs renewal though)
  • Fix left-side backup light. Due to some corrosion it didn't make contact anymore.
  • Bled all brakes (need to do this again since I'm not sure)
  • Fixed (glued) the inner seal (or felt) on the lefthand tollbooth window.
  • Put the leftside window back on its tracks and greased the tracks and window motor. It now closes fully, more quickly and with much less grinding. It still isn't very smooth though.
  • Adjusted the rods of the lefthand door lock. It now locks and unlocks quite well. The electric system is still disabled because it sometimes has problems. I really don't require central locking anyway.
  • Front side markers now double up as direction indicators. I tried the fix on the internet but couldn't determine the right ground wires to I thread new wires from the side markers. As the headlights were adjusted to european there were already some wires installed so it was very easy to splice them.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Postby Domi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :P
Domi Vin#16951
Domi

VIN #: 16951
Spaxed

Next