vin 814

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: vin 814

Postby jerzybondov » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:52 am

Nice work Andy! Can't believe the state of those mirrors - they've got to be a cross ref from something else at the time haven't they?
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby andyd » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:13 pm

Yep, you'd think so, but if there were an easy or close cross- reference we'd know of it by now?

But I don't want to go into either again!

Andy
andyd

VIN #: 814

Postby andyd » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:40 pm

For my own reference, Oil & Filter at 90,724

Recently I put the interior back together with the rebuilt switch etc. It seems to be all good, but annoyingly the trim is as ill-fitting as ever!

Andy
andyd

Postby andyd » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:16 pm

After an initial attempt at set up of the passenger door latch, I was back in, this time to sort some locking issues. The (early) door locks are pretty tired, but I will leave alone for now as long as they are working.

After this --> viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6595 the doors close quite nicely

And very satisfying was elimination of a long-standing rattle inside the passenger door, I am not sure what it was, but I wrapped a lot of things in foam / cloth/ cable ties and its definitely better. It does just make you more alert out hitherto un-noticed squeaks tho...!

And for my own reference, (another) new screw in otterstat. I noticed the fans switching on a bit early, and not going off, so replaced the otterstat with another screw in. Thinking it was a really recent fitment, I looked back and saw that (while only c. 6,000 miles), it was in fact 8 years ago I originally fitted this! :oops:

Still better than the original otterstat...

Hopefully it needs only a scrub up for an attempted assault on Belfast...

Andy
andyd

Previous

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans