Vin 5823 arrived in The Netherlands today.

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: Vin 5823 arrived in The Netherlands today.

Postby Delta Delorean » Sun May 15, 2016 7:31 pm

RobvdVeer wrote:If you can find the correct bulkhead connector, you could hotwire the sensor and see if the temp gauge moves. If it doesn't you may want to inspect the console connector, but that would mean you have to remove the binnacle, not a quick job (which is mine is sitting with only 2 screws instead of 6 (or 4))

Bulkhead connectors: http://www.dmc12.info/DeLorean%20Bulkhe ... ectors.pdf

Thanks Rob,
I did that yesterday, my brother suggested the same thing. I had the binnacle removed one month ago and everyting tested out ok, but it just did not want to work. No that I have moved the needle things seem to start working!
Delta Delorean

VIN #: 5823

Postby RobvdVeer » Sun May 15, 2016 8:40 pm

You said the needle doesn't return when you turn of the iignition. That's normal, wait until the car cools down, then turn the key again to see it jump back.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby Delta Delorean » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:40 pm

Got the stainless injector lines installed last weekend. Got them from Ed. Happy with how it turned out.
I never did get a replacement return fuel line from the club or hell for the one that did not fit.
Anyone has an update on that? Bandit maybe?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (240.02 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
Delta Delorean

Postby Delta Delorean » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Took the D for a 100 mile round trip to get it checked out for a licenceplate& registration.
The guy there told me the car was in great condition and he had not seen a better one in a long time. So i got the registration no problem.
But the steering on the highway is horrible. You feel resistance in the steering wheel and then when you turn the wheel more it goes but a bit to much. So i had to hold the wheel with 2 hands and did no drive faster then 60 mph.
Not a very nice drive!
The front suspension was tested today on moving plates. There is no play in the suspension or steering parts.
The balljoints are greased and not worn. The steeringshaft yokes are also in good condition. The firewall bushing was replaced and lubed. With both front wheels of the ground the wheels can be turned easy and i do not feel any "heavy " points.
So what is left? Do I need a rebuild steering rack?
Delta Delorean

Postby Admin-bloke » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:37 pm

I'd personally get the geometry measured on the car first to rule out any excessive toe angle first and take it from there. The extra drag from excessive steering alignment might only be felt at high speeds that you're experiencing.

With regards answering if you need a new steering rack or not is a bit hard without actually looking at it. The geometry (steering alignment) check is the quickest. Don't forget the tech note that the chassis need to be 145mm from the floor, the note advising to weigh the front until the height is achieved. With oem springs go with a full tank of fuel. With lowered 'lotus' ride height springs go for half a task of fuel.

The choice is yours, Good luck, I hope it's simple to sort :thumbsup:
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby Delta Delorean » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks Admin-bloke,
That seems like the best thing to do, can't find any worn parts. Just messured the chassis, it is 140mm from the floor, half tank of fuel at the moment. Not sure what springs my D has, could be the originals but made shorter.
Here is a pic of the car with the temporary tag on it. Need to find a way to get the new plate on the front. I am getting the Usa style (size) plates. Don't want to make any holes in the bumper. Who has a good picture on how to put the licence plate on the front?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 3063 times
Delta Delorean

Postby arranj » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:39 pm

http://www.deloreanclub.uk/stainless-fr ... acket.html

This ingeniously designed, stainless steel, bracket mounts between the rock screen and fascia using the existing bolts that hold the top of the rock screen to the fascia.

Supports all sizes of plate, with no changes to the car. It is mounted in a way so that the plate is in the "normal" position of on the black bumper, just below the "dmc"
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby Delta Delorean » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Ordered!
Seen it before on a car in the Usa. Had no idea it came from the club. Maybe a good idea to have the stainless parts together in one section like Ed has on his website?
Delta Delorean

Postby jamesrguk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Also self adhesive black Velcro is perfect for the front plate, easy to remove if needs be and no holes drilled.

Done ok for the past 16years on my car

James
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:53 pm

If i recall correctly, Velcro was designed by NASA during the Apollo era (probably Gemini project). I absolutely trust the velcro, but not the glue that sticks the velcro to the plate, which is probably some Chinese 3M ripoff. :shock:
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans