Look what I've got back....

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: Look what I've got back....

Postby InoX » Sun May 28, 2017 2:19 pm

DIE! DIE! DIE!

yeah, got myself an M14 die and straightened out the elbow taper.

ImageIMAG0724 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

ImageIMAG0725 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

ImageIMAG0726 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

filter back on the car everything tighty tight. No leaks. :dance: :dance:

Did the car run first time?

did it fuggery.....

I get a couple of seconds of life out of it, then it dies. pulled the CSV and it appears to be releasing fuel. jam jared the injectors jumpered the pump to see whether they were opening up. They are, all of them. spray pattern is ok. volume looks to be consistent.

later attempts i got it to idle for 5 or 6 seconds, but backfires massively into the intake. Then shuts off. Think it maybe the bastard ISM pipe that isn't sealed right. I'll have another attempt tomorrow. :whistle:
InoX

Postby InoX » Mon May 29, 2017 10:39 am

managed to get it to run for a minute with the meter flap pressed down. it's rough
InoX

Postby InoX » Mon May 29, 2017 3:19 pm

The more I think about it the more I think it's dirty injectors. Thinking back the spray was only good when the flap was open near full. When I had it running I had the flap open about 5-10mm think the injectors are probably dribbling fuel out at that throttle position. Maybe. I'll have a go at back flushing them....
InoX

Postby InoX » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Hiya

finally got the thing to run today. doesn't sound well, I think it's missing a cylinder. need to gap the plugs.

after a partial re-build of the fuel system and coolant system fuse box et al, I'm quite pleased. couple of small weeps from the coolant hose pipes, but nothing major. The only issue I have is that only one of my rad fans comes on. The one that doesn't come on IS getting 13v at the connector. I do hope it isn't DOA. the single fan on it's own does a decent enough job and cycles when it should. No other issues that I can tell yet. volts are good, temp is good, oil pressure is good.
InoX

Postby Admin-bloke » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Spray some wd40 in the breather hole on the motor (if there is one), let it soak, then give it a thump with the palm of your hand.

Or ask to see if someone has a spare oem fan from someone who's upgraded to modern type ones
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby InoX » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Cheers for that. Except it is a modern one. Bought a pair from Toby and misty. I'll do some more tests tomorrow. I'll try and run 12v from the battery direct to make sure. I'll let you know.
InoX

Postby InoX » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:22 am

Right the fan runs on 12v from the batt. I'll have a fiddle with the connector on the harness. likely there's some crud build up. Glad I didn't have to pull the fan :dance:
InoX

Postby InoX » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I came to replace the AC decal on the car last week, or whenever it was, and found that the 'early' version of the decal doesn't line up with the plastic backing. The holes for the controls all line up, but the three bulb holders in the centre bottom (lock doors, fan fail and rear windscreen heater) are offset.

Here's the replacement early version i bought originally:
ImageIMAG0767 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

as you can see the labels for each lamp are 4mm or so over to the right of when the bulb holders are.

here's the replacement for the replacement (the 'late' version):

ImageIMAG0766 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

as you can see everything lines up.

just so you're aware, if you have an early vin, the 'early' version available on the site might not fit. You might have to get the late version to get everything looking right.

arran hold me there's about seven different versions anyway, so just have a look to see where the labels are for the lamps if you need to replace the decal.
InoX

Postby InoX » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Been putting the interior back together.

Don't think the bolsters are coming off any time soon

ImageIMAG0769 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

Tiger seal on the rim of the speaker card. initially used pegs to hold down the vinyl to the body, but then had a better idea:

ImageIMAG0770 by Justin Drexler, on Flickr

The cling film is to prevent the clips from sticking to any sealant that comes out.

Does anyone have a reference photo with the clearances on the centre console? mine's being a bugger to put back in. between the vents and the colsule there's probably a 10mm gap also there's a big gap at the back of the console top where it meets the dashboard. Can't get it to move any further back as the inboard sides of the console are aleady flush with the din where the radio and contols are. and also the front most two brackets on the console wont go any further furward. I accept that it's an early car. The photo I took before doing the work isn't clear enough. Might have a jab on Saturday to see if i can tilt the rear of the console up to the front top pulls down.
cheers.
InoX

Postby A Van » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 am

Strange - if it was ok before it should be ok now.

Can you take a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club