vin 5222's new life

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

vin 5222's new life

Postby theningiachicken » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:20 pm

Hi all,

im surprised i haven't made a post here in regards to my last 8 months owning Vin: 5222 (previously owned by Steven Saunders). i guess most of you have seen my semi-regular updates on Facebook (fanatics & restoration), so im getting near the end of the restoration side of ownership (obviously its never 100% finished) and im getting the paperwork ready to send to the DVLA in hopes that i can have the car registered as im wrapping up to get out and drive her properly (minus my test drive).

thankfully a large portion of the paint had been already stripped by the last owner in the states and Steve Saunders, i've finished the LHR panel and got the remainder of the door to clear up before Chris Nicholson Does his magic, the windscreen is being replaced in a few weeks as the original is cracked around the rear mirror, interior is away being restored at a local shop, heater box ready to reinstall and drivers door to refurbish with new motor and lock solenoid with latch tweaks too.

5222 "Ryuko" will be on the road soon to meet all her brothers and sisters :dmcdoors:
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver) "Dippy mk2"

DOCUK Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbt ... DhNzZQPDlA
theningiachicken

VIN #: 05222

Re: vin 5222's new life

Postby A Van » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi

Welcome , looks like your making excellent progress - it seems it was perhaps too much work for Steve?

Fair play for taking that project on.

We have a big meet in under two weeks in Norfolk, see if you can pop down ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Re: vin 5222's new life

Postby theningiachicken » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:31 pm

A Van wrote:Hi

Welcome , looks like your making excellent progress - it seems it was perhaps too much work for Steve?

Fair play for taking that project on.

We have a big meet in under two weeks in Norfolk, see if you can pop down ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've wanted a project D for a long time and it was the perfect opportunity to buy it, its been both a fun experience as well as frustrating mostly when things are seized or something goes wrong like getting my passenger door stuck but that's all part of the journey.

i would have planned to come down to the meet but im trying to utilize my time wisely to get as much done as possible before the summer (end of may), i'll definitely be coming to the next event will be good to meet some other owners from here :D
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver) "Dippy mk2"

DOCUK Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbt ... DhNzZQPDlA
theningiachicken

VIN #: 05222

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans