VIN ???

Describe these cars here or do a restoration blog of your DeLorean

Re: VIN ???

Postby Admin-bloke » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Well, it was October since I put the cover on my D for the winter after a good clean, so it was a joy to pull the cover off a couple of days ago to see it still lovely and shiny after dealing with life's little challenges in the interim this year.

Yes, it's that time of year for the MOT and I'm pleased to say that old faithful has passed again!

They noted very slight play in the front right wheel bearing and a slight misfire sound. I'll look into these very soon, but year old aged fuel might have attributed to this.

It wasn't plain sailing though, as when I first started the car after its layup, the clouds of fuelly smoke showed a very rich mixture. After diagnostics with a fuel pressure gauge, it was all down to my own control pressure regulator (, which is ironic considering how many I've fixed for others this last year). Fortunately I have a spare (that I usually bring to club tech events) so after swapping it, fuel pressures went back to normal and the engine is now back to normal again. It shows that they can seize after a long time of non use.

I'm still chuffed that it passed first time and that the LEDs I fitted from the club shop were still as bright as ever. This was the first time I've not had to clean up a lamp connector ever !

This year my D will get the love it deserves, even if it means finally opening the wallet. .
Attachments
20170421_185509.jpg
20170421_185509.jpg (3.73 MiB) Viewed 8620 times
20170421_185443.jpg
20170421_185443.jpg (4.3 MiB) Viewed 8622 times
20170421_184901.jpg
20170421_184901.jpg (4.19 MiB) Viewed 8622 times
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Postby mec » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 am

top work Mr T :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dmcdoors:
NTH347X... now DMC 81X
Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395

2009 DMC Europe open house Roadtrip member
Official 2010 Silvercoast "Chaved Banana"
Unofficial 2011 Eurofest Autotest WINNER ! 128.7 secs
2013 Silvercoast DMC Roadtrip Representitive
Eurofest 2016 Roadtrip member
2019 Hamburg Official Convoy Member

DeLorean Club
mec

VIN #: 4395
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Admin-bloke wrote:Well, it was October since I put the cover on my D for the winter after a good clean, so it was a joy to pull the cover off a couple of days ago to see it still lovely and shiny after dealing with life's little challenges in the interim this year.

Yes, it's that time of year for the MOT and I'm pleased to say that old faithful has passed again!

They noted very slight play in the front right wheel bearing and a slight misfire sound. I'll look into these very soon, but year old aged fuel might have attributed to this.

It wasn't plain sailing though, as when I first started the car after its layup, the clouds of fuelly smoke showed a very rich mixture. After diagnostics with a fuel pressure gauge, it was all down to my own control pressure regulator (, which is ironic considering how many I've fixed for others this last year). Fortunately I have a spare (that I usually bring to club tech events) so after swapping it, fuel pressures went back to normal and the engine is now back to normal again. It shows that they can seize after a long time of non use.

I'm still chuffed that it passed first time and that the LEDs I fitted from the club shop were still as bright as ever. This was the first time I've not had to clean up a lamp connector ever !

This year my D will get the love it deserves, even if it means finally opening the wallet. .

Nice to see you get some time on your own car mate, look forward to seeing it in June

And it's about time you got an exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Has it been a year already? Chuff....

I'm glad to say that the car passed it's MOT again. This is just simply, simply, lovely :D

Now I'm settled in my new job, my D will get more TLC this year (as last year was a "write off" due to circumstances)

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

Spaxed

Postby A Van » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Nice one sir!

Look forward to seeing it and you at Eurotec 2018!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby cis6409 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Brilliant Nick well done ! Great to hear , hopefully you ll get to enjoy it even more !

Shane
cis6409

VIN #: 6409

Postby TristanC » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:39 pm

Well done buddy!
Tristan J Carroll
#11477 Jan '82 Grey Manual
Member No.: 187
TristanC

VIN #: 11477

Postby bandit » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:57 pm

PMT all good then AB
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby Admin-bloke » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Admin-bloke wrote:My D passed it's Mot this morning :D :D :D

Mind you it had to do some work done first.

Car now has delorean club :spax: all round and it has transformed the handling :D
New LEDs in the doors, the old ones Started failing eg only 1 led out of the cluster of 4 worked!

Front brake hoses changed, one side easy, the other side stuck so I had to chop the hexagonal bit off the chassis...
New brake fluid flushed through.

Atf, diff and engine oils changed plus engine oil filter.

Delorean club K&N air filter fitted!

So, I treat the D to a new battery, seeing as I have permanently borrowed the big halfords one for my daily vx astra. Yes it was another halfords one.
This morning new battery fitted, it spins over but doesn't start. One hour to go for the Mot.
Connected timing lamp and it shows a spark. Removed air filter housing and pressed the flap. No fuel pressure. Traced back to fuel pump not running. The inertia switch had set. I reset it and the fuel pump worked. Engine now started but now noted brake light gone. Re cleaned this and ok.
Went to the Mot station and watched. Noticed screw head showing in the rear tyre. I pointed it out and Mot test person jacked car up as part of test and pulled it out. It was only 5mm long and in the thickest part of the tread pattern. All ok phew.
The emissions were borderline but nothing a good run and a tweak wouldn't sort out.

Plans now are to change the fusebox, purchase and install LEDs, clean the car, change rear brake hoses etc etc.......at some point anyway.

Well, nearly 7 and a half years (Sat May 07, 2011) my (infamous?) Halford's 096 battery has finally given up. I didn't disconnect it from the car from my last drive in it since Eurotec in June. It just managed to start the car so I could park it nearer the wall to winterise it, but it's now at 8.4v! All my fault but work has been stupidly busy this year.

I'm trying and recover it with a ctek desulphation recondition setting and try some "batt aid" but it might be a replacement battery time.

Wish me luck!
Attachments
20181201_114529.jpg
I hate spending money. ... :(
20181201_114529.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 7369 times

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

Spaxed

Postby TristanC » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:12 pm

7.5 years isn’t too bad :)
I’ve got a battery maintainer here which recovers batteries..... never used it to recover one, so would be interested in your outcome here.

Out of interest, what will you be doing to winterise it Nick?

I’ll try to use mine when I can - but with roads wet and salty..... it may be a month or two before a dry day comes!
Tristan J Carroll
#11477 Jan '82 Grey Manual
Member No.: 187
TristanC

VIN #: 11477

PreviousNext

Return to Members Cars or Unique DeLoreans