Would like to see a DeLorean in Dublin, Ireland

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Would like to see a DeLorean in Dublin, Ireland

Postby arranj » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello there,

I'm hoping you can help me, my nephew Niall a huge fan of Back to the Future, and a bigger fan of the DeLorean car.
Niall has Downes Syndrome and is Autistic, so he finds it difficult to understand that the car actually does not time travel. In September 2009 I met some of the fan club in Trim Co. Meath Ireland, and they were so kind as to let me take pictures of the cars. I gave one photo to Niall, and he brings it everywhere with him.

The reason why I'm contacting you is that, he will be celebrating his 16 birthday in June, and making his conformation in May, and I'd really love to bring him to see the cars in 'real life' as he says. Can you let me know if any meetings are coming up, or if there is anyone in Ireland that can help me out. We will travel to them, no problem. Just for him to see one, and have a few pictures taken, maybe a little go? I'd just love to give Niall a wish he has dreamed of for years.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Mary Mc Gillicuddy
+ 353 eight six one six four two six seven one
Donabate
Co. Dublin
mcgillicuddym at gmail dotcom

(obviously I've already told her about the Trim weekend in August, but maybe someone is able to meet up with her in May?)
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Re: Would like to see a DeLorean in Dublin, Ireland

Postby arranj » Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Well once again DeLorean Club delivers! ;)

Hello Arran,
Some weeks back I emailed you regarding my nephew Niall Mc Gillicuddy, whom has Downs Syndrome. If you can recall he was making his conformation, and soon to celebrate his 16th birthday. His dream was to see a delorean, as he believes in time travel!

You kindly put a post on the fanclub form and Gerry from Walkinstown contacted me. Long story short, Niall went to see Niall's delorean on Saturday. He was so happy, he kept rubbing the car, and kissing it!. I want to thank you for your help, and especially to Gerry, for his time. His mother said it was the nicest thing anyone has done for Niall. We will be going to Trim on the 21st August next to see you guys there, he is counting the days.

Once again thank you so much.

Regards

Mary Mc Gillicuddy
Dublin
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bozzzydmc » Mon May 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Yes its a bloody great "fanclub" this one !

Well done there !
Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | Yorkshire, UK

DeLorean Club
bozzzydmc

Postby Admin-bloke » Mon May 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Big thanks to DeLorean owners in Ireland making someone happy :D
Admin-bloke, "The D Whisperer"
Pie n Pint Northerner....
Vin #4068 - y'official "Mighty Auto" test car for Admin-bloke tuning.

https://www.justgiving.com/campnibble

Forum Founder [means I just installed it........] and Tech Help
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
Admin-bloke

VIN #: 4068
Spaxed

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests