Jackie's the boy, BBC NI

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Re: Jackie's the boy, BBC NI

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:06 pm

arranj wrote:indeedie. Google "free uk proxy server" and you'll find a way to do it, but it is a hassle in some cases and sometimes requires an above average knowledge of networking setup, unless you find a web-based one.

The program is about some other completely unrelated bloke, and I think "Jackie" is the presenter? - the DeLorean bit is just about DMC California because they happen to be passing.

Try this though: http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/ - then type http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer into the URL box, or even copy and paste the iplay link from above. You'll probably find it doesn't work though, but one of the Google hits will - eventually! :lol:

Thanks Arran. Tried the daveproxy one quickly and it almost works. I can see the BBC site within the proxy site, but it won't play the program. Some tweaking time is required.
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby neal » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Dermot, did you get it working?
Neal Barclay
Former Employee of Delorean Motor Cars Ltd, Dunmurry
clock number 1804

Live the Dream Today, Because I did it yesterday.
The Dream that turned into a Nightmare has now turned into a Dream again.
neal
Former DMC Employee

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:35 pm

neal wrote:Dermot, did you get it working?

Neal, it's actually running pretty well at the moment. Through the sale of other cars, it was my DD for a few months which really helped it. The PO did 2000 miles in 10 years and I've done that number so far this year, so the old adage of actually driving your car is very true.

Still looks like sh1t, though. Need facias repainted and eyebrows waxed, er removed.

Of course the down side of all this driving is now all the engine seals are leaking.
Dermot
vin 2743
Ex-Dunmurry-ite,
but now nr. Atlanta GA
US o'A

Vin 2743 – Black, Auto, non-lowered, non-Spaxed, non-carbed, non-turbo’d, non-de-catted, just as Neal drove it on the boat in August ‘81
Dangermouse

VIN #: 2743

Postby neal » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

I Mean the I player, :) Thanks for the up date on your car :) .
Neal Barclay
Former Employee of Delorean Motor Cars Ltd, Dunmurry
clock number 1804

Live the Dream Today, Because I did it yesterday.
The Dream that turned into a Nightmare has now turned into a Dream again.
neal
Former DMC Employee

Previous

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests