Cineworld Cinemas

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Re: Cineworld Cinemas

Postby Darren C » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:50 am

just finished cleaning...can I go to bed now :roll:

Forgot to mention that a chap came over to me at the Cinema, used to work for Britax, he was involved in making the back light assemblies! Said they invested £1000's in a multipoint injection molder to make them..it was cutting edge stuff back then to make the assembly in 1 piece.
It never ceases to amaze me the people and stories our cars attract :D
@classiccarguru1
Darren C

VIN #: 4532
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 am

You have managed to finish now?, I thought you would still be going!

Interesting on the rear lights, I am sure someone said they are still or were used on Dennis dustcarts or something?
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby jamesrguk » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 am

Darren C wrote:Image

Took blooming ages to get this shot with "Ack to the Futur" above the car, the darn thing moved so fast :lol:

Those are awsome photos, worth waiting for.

I had a similar pull out from the Colchester Odeon, they had a competition booked on the local radio station and the winner was going to be taken to the cinema in my DeLorean. lots of local press notified etc... then they pulled out at the a few days prior to the event with some lame excuse about not being able to give 4 tickets away, what a joke.

I was a really dissapointed as the Odeon in Colchester is right in the town centre and it would have been buzzing with people on a Friday evening, still their loss I suppose.

But Jane and I had a great time with Alistair and Daniel at Haverhill.

J
jamesrguk

VIN #: 5462
Spaxed

Re: Cineworld Cinemas Chester

Postby bjbrownie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Had a great time at the flicks on Friday, B.T.T.F. is definitely better on the big screen and I dont think its dated badly for a 25 year old film! Got the car to Chester early on Friday, had great fun getting up over a 5" kerb and doing a 15 point reversing manouevre to position on the cinema forecourt-power steering really should have been made for the DMC! A good crowd turned up, many have never seen a DMC close up and the cinema staff dressed up in 50's and 80's clothes for the occasion, one guy had the red body warmer and a Rubiks cube turned up?! The Chester Chronicle covered the event and took loads of photos of the car and staff. Even when the film finished I was talking to many people in the cold for ages about the car and clubs dedicated to DMC and lots of folk went home happy after seeing a screen legend for real. Didnt rope the car off for display and spent Saturday cleaning off fingerprints, but I think it was good for the DMC image. Thanks to Al for putting me on to it, a really good nite! 8-)
bjbrownie

VIN #: #10556

Postby bttf brian » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi Guys

A small video with some pictures of Friday night. The rain was horrendous but had to be there on the opening night. Hoping to give it one more go at the local cinema before the film closes to get some good video.

Brian

bttf brian

VIN #: 4787

Postby DMC GLEN » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 pm

hi al

just been told by the mrs as i come home from work today that my ( old bttf car Not mine now of course ) come out of hiding as i would thought it would of it was at star city in birmingham they would only take it out if they was getting paid for it as sam seen it been loaderd back up
Glen Hale
DCUK 006
(OFFICE) 0121 270 7306

http://www.ghservicesuk.co.uk
Security & Communications Services
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
DMC GLEN

VIN #: VIN LESS
Spaxed

Postby A Van » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am

just been told by the mrs as i come home from work today that my ( old bttf car Not mine now of course ) come out of hiding as i would thought it would of it was at star city in birmingham they would only take it out if they was getting paid for it as sam seen it been loaderd back up

You mean Clive Priest's car that you used to drive?, Its not in hiding......its still in Beaulieu Musuem and hasnt moved in months, (the musuem rang me this morning about parts, so I asked them)

Mystery what car it was then.
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby jerzybondov » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 am

How full were the other cinemas that people went to on Friday night? I'd say West India Quay was only half full, if that...
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 pm

A Van wrote:

You mean Clive Priest's car that you used to drive?, Its not in hiding......its still in Beaulieu Musuem and hasnt moved in months, (the musuem rang me this morning about parts, so I asked them)

Mystery what car it was then.

Could have been The Speakmans' - they're not that far away....... - and not exactly shy of publicity! ;)
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bandit » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 pm

I did Notts, similar set-up, centre of town, parks on the pavement, parking 'knob' says, 'can't park there' Cineworld guy puts him straight & he goes off all mardy.
I took Lisa's 6 yr old nephew, Charlie with me, he loved it.
There was a photographer from Nottm Evening Post, he took a few shots, then another one turned up, who was from Cineworlds publicity dept.
He must of taken 300 shots, half of them with Charlie in. He'd got him doing star jumps & pulling faces & all sorts, it was dead funny.
He is gonna email me some of them, so I'll put em' up when he does.
Top night
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests