Cineworld Cinemas

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Re: Cineworld Cinemas

Postby DMC GLEN » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 pm

A Van wrote:
just been told by the mrs as i come home from work today that my ( old bttf car Not mine now of course ) come out of hiding as i would thought it would of it was at star city in birmingham they would only take it out if they was getting paid for it as sam seen it been loaderd back up

You mean Clive Priest's car that you used to drive?, Its not in hiding......its still in Beaulieu Musuem and hasnt moved in months, (the musuem rang me this morning about parts, so I asked them)

Mystery what car it was then.

well it was them there so i would like to now whats going on there then i will pop down and ask then the weekend that star city that is when did they ring u al :?:
Glen Hale
DCUK 006
(OFFICE) 0121 270 7306

http://www.ghservicesuk.co.uk
Security & Communications Services
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
DMC GLEN

VIN #: VIN LESS
Spaxed

Postby theoriginalmrp » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Hey guys.... Sorry it's taken me so long to report....

Last Friday I took the day off work, and all day it virtually lashed it down in Herefordshire....

As 5pm approached, it was inevitable that my car was gonna get wet at some stage.

But as I drove into Monmouthshire, it cleared up no end, and even the roads were dry and clear, that being important as I didn't wanna get held up in Ryder cup traffic.

Collected the D from my lockup about half 5, and set off on my 12 mile trip to Newport Cineworld.

When I got there, I quickly sussed out the layout, and I was adamant I was gonna get the car indoors in the foyer. After moving half a dozen wooden pallets, and going round the back on the grass and in through the rear fire exit, I got it in. With a few assistants watching the corners, managed to get it round the 90 degree corner, then shut it off and pushed it through the walkway into the foyer.

Set about giving it a good clean. got new batteries in the flux, and it wasn't long before the photographer arrived with bags of kit to take his pictures which will possibly end up in cineworld ads throughout the uk.

Got plenty of interest all evening, and everything we wanted in the line of food and drink was free. We took full advantage of this! And we also got 6 open tickets to use anytime. I decided it was best stay with the car that night, and went to watch the film the following evening.

Mind you, how I managed to get the car away undamaged was a mystery to me. Some dosile girl thought it would be a good idea to pull on the flexible rope off area which brought one of the posts tumbling down onto the front of the car, fortunately not on the metal, but the fascia. And then at the end of the night, getting the car back round that 90 degree turn in the opposite direction, and in the dark proved almost impossible without damage...... but we made it.

Then, still dry outside, decided to go for a midnight jaunt, covering about 50 miles. There's something cosy about driving the DMC 12 in the dark, though I don't know why!

I've only got one picture, and i'm afraid it isnt very good due to the light, but here it is all the same.

All the best to Al for arranging this, and well done to all who also appeared at cinema's across the UK.......

TheOriginalMrP

Ben

xx
theoriginalmrp

Postby tourettes tony » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:46 pm

nice one ben, did you get any mincing done while you were there ;) TT
vin# freedom :)
X factor winner 2009
Yorkshire squirt winner 2009
Officially no more engine rebuilds well maybe 2 more :)

If you need any Tech help, don't ask
Club Cultural Ambassador and Official Tourettes Tutor
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
tourettes tony

VIN #: 30035

Postby theoriginalmrp » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 pm

tourettes tony wrote:nice one ben, did you get any mincing done while you were there ;) TT

I wish! I'm a good boy these days! I'll get beaten up otherwise! :oops:

LOL

xx
theoriginalmrp

Postby A Van » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:15 am

Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Brilliant pics! Loving Julian's car and Mr P's, but my gold star goes to this one "Join The Club" lol :lol:
Attachments
JoinTheClub.jpg
JoinTheClub.jpg (271.49 KiB) Viewed 4545 times
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Forgot to say - I've made the pics "clickable" so that "small-monitor people" can see them properly.

Also spotted this: http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chest ... -27418196/
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby bandit » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Nice pics, the guy who took mine said he would email me a load of 'em, not seen owt' yet though
bandit

VIN #: 7024
Spaxed

Postby delorean12uk » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 pm

theoriginalmrp wrote:. Some dosile girl thought it would be a good idea to pull on the flexible rope off area which brought one of the posts tumbling down onto the front of the car,

I bet she made it up to you though Ben in Kind, did you take her behind the bins??? :lol:

Haverhill-1-1-1.JPG
Haverhill-1-1-1.JPG (108.84 KiB) Viewed 4531 times

Al, is he a relative???
Vin: Friday afternoon car, because the bastard thing likes to break all the time

Daily Maintenance a Certainty

Delorean Enthusiasts Love Official Reunions Especially At Norfolk

DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
delorean12uk

VIN #: 4989

Postby Domi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Amazing pics, thanks for sharing ;)
Domi Vin#16951