Inside Out South

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Inside Out South

Postby arranj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:08 am

I can't remember if I did a topic on this or not! :? but here it is anyway - pics from Brian's Facebook

Jane from the BBC contacted us asking about it, so I put them on to Brian:

Hi Arran

Inside Out South wants to make a ten minute film about the cuts...i wondered about making it a back to the future style piece - at least at the start. The idea being to compare economics, strikes, unemployment, recession etc then and now. so many similarities cropping up with now and the early 80's and think we'll get away with 1985 film reference cos of the time travel idea. how mobile are the cars if that's not a daft question? would the owner drive it to a few locations for us? it's embryonic at this stage but having said that if we do it we'll probably have to jump sharpish and get filming in the next couple of weeks. I think it's pencilled to go out on Nov 29th.

j

29th Nov - maybe
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (66.89 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (62.83 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Re: Inside Out South

Postby bttf brian » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks for that Aaron. Didn’t realise that the enquiry came via yourself. Had a great day. Jon, the
presenter and I hit it off straight away. He even got to drive the car, breaking one of my golden rules.
Safe to say we have another Delorean convert. He emailed afterwards which was nice
Hi Brian,
Just a quick note to say thank you so much for the other day. Driving a Delorean is something I won't be forgetting in a hurry and it was an absolute pleasure to spend the day with you. I only found out yesterday that you don't usually let people drive it and so I'm truly appreciative of the opportunity you gave me.
Haven't stopped smiling thinking about it yet …
I hope it wasn't too tedious for you. You're an absolute star and your car ain't bad either!
Best wishes
Jon
bttf brian

VIN #: 4787

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Sounds like an invitation for a second date!
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Sounds good. It's on BBC1 South (channel 984 on Sky) on Monday 29th November at 7.30pm: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wcq27
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 pm

According to the BBC site:

Jon Cuthill tells the extraordinary story of a New Forest school for spies, plus the dangers of renting out your home - how a Brighton nurse faced up to tenants who wouldn't move out and wouldn't pay the rent,and back to the future, how the austerity measures could hit southern England.

According to my (dutch) EPG:
Mary Rhodes investigates the problem of uninsured taxis. Pete Waterman returns to the Midlands to indulge his passion for model railways. And there is an update on the inspiring story of the teenage girl fighting a very public battle against cancer.

By the way, what does 'South Only' mean anyway? BBC One is BBC One right?

Well I am recording it anyways.
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:57 pm

There are certain programmes that are different in different regions, "Inside Out" being one of them. Your EPG is showing the West Midlands (i.e. Birmingham) one. This particular programme is only on iPlayer, and channel 984, and BBC1 as viewed in the middle/south of England. I'll record Ch 984 and put it on YouTube anyway.

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Well then whats the point of calling it BBC one then?
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Dunno - it's a throwback to the "public service" days, and analogue TV. If you're in Brighton, this is what you see on Channel 1. If you live in Birmingham then you get Pete Waterman instead. There is also a local news programme on at 18.30. For 23 out of the other 24 hours everyone in the country gets the same.

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Postby arranj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 am

It's on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wcq27

Not a lot of DeLorean on it - but it's at the start. I couldn't really watch it - lots of guff about benefits and "why can't I sit on my batty and the state pay for my Sky subscription" etc.etc. - Probably didn't say that at all, but that's what I heard! :?

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

Spaxed

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests