Self Drive Delorean Hire

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Self Drive Delorean Hire

Postby Hannahcafc » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi. I am hoping someone might be able to help me.

I am getting married in November 2013 and have been looking to hire a self drive delorean for a day for my wedding. I have been searching for a while now and came across the Delorean Experience website. I spoke to Kevin (who was really helpful) but logistically it just wouldn't work as I live in Kent and he is in Worcestershire.

The reason I am desperate for a self drive hire is for my Dad. He is a massive fan of the Delorean car, and travels to Northern Ireland for a few shows every day and again. I like the car too, but having my dad drive me to the church in a Delorean will allow me to repay my Dad for all his help - he would love it as never driving a Delorean before (although he is tempted to buy one eventually).

I am hoping that an owner in Kent might like to have a quick chat about the possibilities for hire their delorean for one day (Friday) in November. I appreciate that the car will be your pride and joy, and more than happy that you meet my dad and I before the hire to put your mind at rest and discuss payments/ insurance etc. If anyone in Kent is interested you would make my wedding amazing for me and my family.....

Thank you
Hannah Marshall (Longfield, Kent)
Hannahcafc

Re: Self Drive Delorean Hire

Postby jerzybondov » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi Hannah

Welcome to the forum. These kind of requests come up occasionally but they are usually scuppered by insurance issues. I don't know whether anyone on here has actually managed it before. And aside from insurance issues, there's this kind of potential issue too!
http://ow.ly/hAB0A

Although obviously a DeLorean engine is worth rather less than that :D
VIN 7176
Official Club Reaper Extraordinaire.
jerzybondov

VIN #: 7176
Spaxed

Re: Self Drive Delorean Hire

Postby arranj » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 pm

But of course it "can" be done, as Kevin has successfully done it a number of times. Welcome to the forum Hannah, Kevin is the only person in the UK offering "self drive", as Gez says you will be very lucky to find another, so I would consider the drive to Worcestershire personally. Aside from insurance, there are the potential reliability issues that may also put others off.
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests