Another Time Machine For Hire :-)

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Re: Another Time Machine For Hire :-)

Postby nato » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Starglider wrote:'Bozzy' did his level best to screw me on a deal this year as well, for no obvious reason other than being a generally unpleasant individual. As such I'm inclined to believe Nato.

Thanks :-) Im certainly not making anything up about it! Thing is, on the grand scheme of things, the problems would not have been a deal breaker, its more to do with the fact it was all hidden from the sale until it was too late to do anything about it. Even some of the props ive had to replace due to being faulty. For example the GPS speedo was missing a segment from one of the displays, so if you ever were to get up to 88mph it would show A8! Its a shame that Bozzy wouldn't stand by these problems instead of being deceptive and then completely ignoring me after the sale. When I first approached him about the missing props he told me that I 'already knew they were missing' and that he was 'upset' that I had brought it up. Very very frustrating.
I used to play with time machines when I was older!
nato

VIN #: 2392, 5740, 10130

Postby nato » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 pm

arranj wrote:Hi Tom - great to hear! We get quite a lot of hire requests by email/phone, most of which we can't fulfil because so few people actually do hire these days - and especially BTTF ones of course.
Couple of questions:
- how far will you travel?
- do you do "hire" in your standard car too?
- Please don't take this the wrong way, and I will edit this out if he's making it up - What is your "business partner" (Steve Wickenden)'s association with any hire requests? We don't want to be associated with recommending a hire job that he will be involved in as it will look bad on us (the forum) of course - without going into too much detail (there is a 50+ page post dedicated to that!) I'm assuming you're aware he seems to alienate anyone he deals with and fakes his own reviews....?

Sorry I didn't answer any of youre questions Arran, Firstly I do hire my standard Delorean too, I have just finished rebuilding the interior so the thing looks like it has just rolled off the assembly line! Without bits dropping off though lol. She isn't taxed at the moment though, and is garaged but can be put on the road for any urgent jobs.
The time machine is available to hire whenever for any event, with myself driving of course. I will travel as and where so long as the mileage is paid for :-)
Just to confirm, any jobs I do are solely by myself with my own car. Steve's involvement is that he has offered to pass me any work in my area as I am the only one down the south of the country.
I understand he has caused a lot of problems for a lot of people, but he has genuinely helped me out a lot with the time machine, and I am very grateful for it. It should have been bozzy's responsibility but he turned his back on it.

Tom
nato

Postby lukebrynycz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I can't, and won't comment on the details as I truly don't know. What I will say though...it's common knowledge that official paid $75,000 for the car, and import will have been a few k. There's then the fact that it had time circuits missing (2k worth) and lots of the original castings were removed and replaced with cheap parts, unknown to him after he visited. I have calculated that he's spent around £70k, possibly more! The flux bands were replaced, new neons, all new interior, newer castings. He was royally ripped off by J, and even though he wouldn't show me the same courtesy, I felt sorry for him, genuinely. That doesn't stop me from knowing the truth now though, that he is an inconsiderate, self centred, disrespectful, lying butthead.. He still to this day shits on everyones cars, even on his own website and on Twitter.

What J did to official, sounds 10 times worse than your dealings with Bozzy. Even with the bits you have had to do (small bulkhead bits) it's infinitely better than THE bttf car, and for a damn sight less money, hence him pretending to be pally with you so that he can obtain the parts or details to make his car more official like the claims. Heck, if his car was so official and perfect, why did he remove 90% of the cars parts and replace them?

He will use the detailed research from your car to make his near what he says it is, then use it as ammunition to shoot you down when people try coming to you for events. I'll place a bet now, that once you get off the ground, that he turns on you also, especially if he doesn't get his commission.

When all said and done, a lesson in life is to never pay up front for things as peoples opinions are all so different. Truth be told, I had a few of the same thoughts you have have with Bruce myself. When it arrived, there were a few things wrong and I went into 'perfection mode' and had a bit of a whinge. I now really regret that, as the more I look at the detail of the car, the more I truly appreciate just how much work has gone into my car and of course yours. Bruce is a true gentleman, and put lots of effort into making it weather proof for me. I have spent a small amount of money doing a few things and just generally cleaning up the car, and with that taken into consideration, it was still a good deal and a LOT less than our favourite friend spent on his car.

Enjoy your motor (there's a video of you on YouTube on the roads btw, uploaded this week!) but do take care. Once all your info has been sent over, there will definitely be mood changes and you will begin to discover nasty downtalking, just as I have myself from people who have forwarded me responses of dirty sales tactics.. :naughty:
Ex 1981 Delorean Time Machine owner (unofficial replica) officially.
Hire a Delorean or Delorean Time Machine - http://www.deloreanhire.com
lukebrynycz

Postby lukebrynycz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 pm

lukebrynycz

Postby arranj » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:38 pm

***Thread hijack moved to the appropriate off-server topic :D - although Julian (who has a point) won't be able to see it unless he wants to***

This is Tom's thread and we love Tom!
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby RobvdVeer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:13 pm

/applauds to the operator
Rob van der Veer
RobvdVeer

VIN #: 0b111001101111
Spaxed

Postby lukebrynycz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks Arran, I should have added my bits to the special thread ;)

Tom, just so you know, there's no hard feelings what so ever. Quite the opposite infact. I just wanted to make the point that you have a brilliant car, but to tread carefully. Steves character had been discovered long before my arrival into the Delorean community, but he especially despises me simply because I called him out publicly on his blatant lies.

Although I'm not disputing your feelings towards Mike, it truly was a great deal and I hope you keep driving on the roads and using it as a car, rather than lugging it around on a transporter for all of its life :dmcdoors: :thumbsup:

I will of course send over any enquiries that fall closer to yourself than Brian.
lukebrynycz

Postby nato » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Firstly, thanks for posting the you tube clip up of me driving through exeter. Made me smile! Luke, I know ive got a great car and in reality i know i got it for a decent price too (i wasnt expecting my offer to be accepted) I was initially after that RHD that has been garaged since the 90's as a recomissioning project but negotiations broke down as we couldnt agree a price. So i ended up with a time machine lol. The only problem i have with Bozzy is the deception. It wouldnt have been a deal breaker, i just cant stand people who intentionally hide problems and make promises they dont fulfill.
As for finishing my car, i am grateful for the help Steve has given me and personally have no problem with him. Im not getting stuck in the middle of a war over things which didnt involve me, I have listened to everyones advice and what everyone has had to say and trust me its all been processed! I refuse to turn against anyone until they personally give me any reason to, until then im going to try and get on with every last one of you. Im in this for as much the enjoyment of ownership and the community as i am hiring out the car to earn a few pennies!
If nothing else its made an interesting thread lol :-)

Oh and arran, love you too! Lol :-)
nato

Previous

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests