Another Time Machine For Hire :-)

European-wide DeLorean (with driver) hire requests, plus write ups of TV and film work

Another Time Machine For Hire :-)

Postby nato » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi all!

As many of you know, I bought Bozzy's time machine earlier this year, and although the deal turned a bit sour (long story), the car is finally 99% finished and available to hire. Check out my new website which I am currently building and spread the word!

http://www.delorean-timemachine.co.uk

Tom2
I used to play with time machines when I was older!
nato

VIN #: 2392, 5740, 10130

Re: Another Time Machine For Hire :-)

Postby A Van » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Great site and good luck mate !!!!!
Alistair V

Vin 11753 - B/Auto - Kuwait, painted black
Ex Vin 11766 - B/Auto - Dubai
Ex 11622, 6064

RIP Mike 'Bozzy' Bosworth 19/04/1969 - 31/12/2015

Official Spokesperson and Media Liaison Officer, and off road Buggy flipper
DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
The Future's
DeLorean Club
A Van

VIN #: 11753
Spaxed

Postby arranj » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi Tom - great to hear! We get quite a lot of hire requests by email/phone, most of which we can't fulfil because so few people actually do hire these days - and especially BTTF ones of course.
Couple of questions:
- how far will you travel?
- do you do "hire" in your standard car too?
- Please don't take this the wrong way, and I will edit this out if he's making it up - What is your "business partner" (Steve Wickenden)'s association with any hire requests? We don't want to be associated with recommending a hire job that he will be involved in as it will look bad on us (the forum) of course - without going into too much detail (there is a 50+ page post dedicated to that!) I'm assuming you're aware he seems to alienate anyone he deals with and fakes his own reviews....?

Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby lukebrynycz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Let me get this straight.. You buy what I would consider the most accurate replica in the UK, for a damn good price (heck, a stock D in great condition is £20-25k!), with just a few bits to add. You then add this 'bad' deals details to one of your opening posts, of which the previous owner is highly regarded, and one of the admins here. You also confirm that you're friends with Mr Official (even though he down talks YOUR car, says it's crap, and aways will).

Is it just me..? Is THIS wankys new account?! :think:

Joking aside, you have to see that he's simply using you to try annoy me, and purely for his own benefit? We spoke privately and you seemed like a switched on lad, I'm baffled by this, and even more so by the contents of your post.
Ex 1981 Delorean Time Machine owner (unofficial replica) officially.
Hire a Delorean or Delorean Time Machine - http://www.deloreanhire.com
lukebrynycz

Postby arranj » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Just to clarify Luke - Tom2 has been around for a while now - came with us to Eurofest etc. It may look like a new account but that's because Bozzzy deleted all of his posts a few months ago (no-one other than Bozzzy knows why he did that). Also the way I read it he isn't critical of Bozzzy - just says "the deal turned a bit sour". I wasn't aware the car was "unfinished" when Bozzzy was selling it?
Arran | DCUK 004 | VIN #1764 | Official DeLorean Club World Headquarters, Norfolk, UK

Das Webmeister
DeLorean Club

arranj

VIN #: 1764
Spaxed

Postby nato » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 am

Looks like i have some explaining to do lol! Ill do it in a couple of posts to keep it simple. Firstly, with Bozzy and the time machine. Yes luke, i know his status in the forum and i would agree his knowledge of time machines is second to none. Im not disputing that. Unfortunately the deal went sour and has left me feeling very disappointed with him. Im not going to sit here and slag him off thats not what im about even though he is definitely off my christmas card list this year! Arran, i had the same impression as you, that the car was complete. It was described as the dogs bollocks with no expense spared on being one of the best time machine builds there is. I actually paid for the car in advance without seeing in on the trust of the photos, description and a respected member of the delorean community. On collection of the car the reality was a wealth of missing props, incomplete electronics and some relitively involved mechanical faults. I tried to contact bozzy to discuss this after the sale but i only got a handful of text replies and the last time i heard from himwas august. I was also promised a large amount of paperwork which belonged with the car regarding the build (photos plans drawings) but they never matetialised.
His build quality on the car is othrrwise exceptional, but the fact that i was kept in the dark about a number of things has left me feeling very cheated. It has taken a lot of cash to get the problems sorted which should never have been there. Ill post a new reply to explain where steve comes into all this lol
nato

Postby nato » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 am

Oh i forgot to say thanks arran for clarifying im not a newbie on here :-) Been a proud delorean owner and eurotech member since 2010! Why bozzy deleted all my posts is a mystery to all it was before i fell out with him too lol
nato

Postby lukebrynycz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:48 am

arranj wrote:Just to clarify Luke - Tom2 has been around for a while now - came with us to Eurofest etc. It may look like a new account but that's because Bozzzy deleted all of his posts a few months ago (no-one other than Bozzzy knows why he did that). Also the way I read it he isn't critical of Bozzzy - just says "the deal turned a bit sour". I wasn't aware the car was "unfinished" when Bozzzy was selling it?

Point taken Arran :thumbsup:

I've spoke with Tom privately, and you can tell he's nothing like Steve (I can also understand his posts!) so I guess I'm just a bit confused by the 'partnership'.

I'd rather be skint than work with someone who is willing to lie to sell things. However, if he's using him for free parts and then when it's complete.... ;) That would be good LAD.
Ex 1981 Delorean Time Machine owner (unofficial replica) officially.
Hire a Delorean or Delorean Time Machine - http://www.deloreanhire.com
lukebrynycz

Postby nato » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Ok, so lets clarify where i am with this hire and where steve comes into it. After the whole experience with bozzy, i had a lot of work to do on the car. Mechanical wasnt a problem, i can work on these things with my eyes shut now lol i had main oil seals to replace, driveshaft seals and gear selectors to sort out and an engine which idled at 3000 rpm lol. The problem came with the time machine props and functionality as that is a whole new world to me. Steve contacted me and helped me out by sending me plans, sourcing the parts, he introduced me to gary weaver who is currently assembling some new parts for me. In return i have been helping him with part numbers off some of the fittings that are correct from my car. Steve has also offered to pass over any jobs he gets that are down this end of the country as im the only one right down here in the south west! Thats what this partnership that is spoken about comes to. Its just about helping eachother out nothing more nothing less. Im not in this to fall out with anyone or get stuck in the middle of any disputes. Any work i take on and any jobs i do with the hire of my car will be solely my responsibility and it will only be myself involved in doing so. I hope that all makes sense!
nato

Postby Starglider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:14 am

'Bozzy' did his level best to screw me on a deal this year as well, for no obvious reason other than being a generally unpleasant individual. As such I'm inclined to believe Nato.
Starglider

VIN #: 12306

Next

Return to TV/Film Work and Hire Requests